Podcast Guest Suggestions?

Randy

Hey All,

I know that the Aquarist Podcast hasn't exactly been releasing on a regular schedule like the first year the podcast was out, but I am really going to try and make the effort to get a consistent release schedule going again.  Hopefully this awesome community can help me crowd source some guest suggestions.  I try to always be on the lookout for guests, especially those that don't already have a large social media presence.

So please feel free to drop your suggestions and I will do my best to check them out and see if we could get something scheduled for an interview.  Worst case scenario, I can squeeze @Cory and @Dean’s Fishroom for all they are worth as guests! 😜

• Like 2

I would love to see Coral Bandit(I believe his name is Mr Bandit on Youtube) be interviewed, he is one of the most knowledgeable ram breeder I've talked to. Also Richard Pulman is one of the most knowledgable shrimp/invert keeper I've talked to

Edited by AJE
  • Like 4

Thanks all for the suggestions so far!

Sad to say at least 1 person suggested has declined me in the past.  Albeit graciously. 😪

I will start looking into these folks and seeing if I can make something happen.

Keep them coming!

• Like 2

Chris Biggs "The Mad Aquarist" he has a YouTube channel.

Bob Steenfott, I don't remember you having him as a guest yet. 

Jason from Jadren Aquatics, he seems to do a lot for the hobby

I don't know the guys name, but has a YouTube channel called "Fishboy", does a lot of breeding, is planning to be opening an LFS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think something interesting that no one else has mentioned would be fish store owners across the US that have been in the biz a long time. My LFS has been operating over 30 years and the owner really knows his stuff. I think it could also be a great idea because for a while now I’ve seen trends online of local fish stores dying out, and it could be a great way to help people find more knowledgeable LFS on their state or nearby to support. 

• Like 3

I suggest someone who has single handedly introduced and started hundreds, thousands, maybe even a million people to aquarium keeping; They have never shown their face and we've never heard their voice, so it would be a big first, but I recommend you contact the person who runs the Foo The Flowerhorn YouTube channel.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Omega59er said:

I suggest someone who has single handedly introduced and started hundreds, thousands, maybe even a million people to aquarium keeping; They have never shown their face and we've never heard their voice, so it would be a big first, but I recommend you contact the person who runs the Foo The Flowerhorn YouTube channel.

Yes, I would love to!  I sent them a message a year ago or so with no response.  Alas, they will remain a mystery...at least to the podcast. 😪