Podcast Guest Suggestions?

Randy

6 hours ago, Randy said:

Got'em! I had a very fun time talking with @Bob.

I loved the "randomness" of this podcast. I saw your itinerary at the start and tried my best to derail you haha. We seemed to cover a lot in a short period of time. Can't wait to do it again, in a studio, with video!

• Like 1

It might be a stretch because he is more well known for ants, but Mikey Bustos from the AntsCanada YouTube channel. He has an aquarium and often uses aquarium fish and shrimp in his ant setups. I have no interest in keeping ants, but I enjoy his videos. He is in Manila, Philippines and could have an interesting perspective to share on the hobby there.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Aubrey said:

It might be a stretch because he is more well known for ants, but Mikey Bustos from the AntsCanada YouTube channel. He has an aquarium and often uses aquarium fish and shrimp in his ant setups. I have no interest in keeping ants, but I enjoy his videos. He is in Manila, Philippines and could have an interesting perspective to share on the hobby there.

I think the occasional episode that diverges from fish is ok.  Talking to an ant master sounds pretty cool! 

On 10/25/2020 at 12:35 PM, FishTankBarn said:

Matt Pedersen editor of Amazonas magazine, accomplished breeder of both salt and freshwater fish.   First person to breed the orange spot filefish.     I can get you in contract if need be.  

Nice!  I would not turn that down, @FishTankBarn

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 5:03 PM, Ali said:

Just to put some feedback out there, I'm looking forward to hearing @Bob on again. That episode was really enjoyable, and it seems like you two can stir up enough conversation for a bunch more episodes. Loved the content, guys! 

Glad you enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun 😃

On 11/24/2020 at 5:03 PM, Ali said:

Just to put some feedback out there, I'm looking forward to hearing @Bob on again. That episode was really enjoyable, and it seems like you two can stir up enough conversation for a bunch more episodes. Loved the content, guys! 

Hey @Ali, glad you enjoyed that interview.

If @Bob will have me he is certainly welcome back in the lowest budget studio in podcasting history. 🤣

I’ve been listening to the interview with @Preston John on repeat the last several days on my drive to and from work (at my LFS). We recently got in some L134 and L128 plecos and it got me thinking how cool it would be to have a podcast episode about breeding plecos. I’m not sure if there’s one out there already as I haven’t yet listened to all the episodes currently, but if there’s not that would be a great topic. As far as specific ppl to interview on that, I’m not sure. Keep doing what you’re doing, I love the podcast

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2020 at 5:19 AM, Mike_M said:

Gary Lange!

Second Gary! So much great work from him.

Would like to hear from any high level guppy judge or breeder, although I know I just listened to one where it had that as well as Trout in the Classroom.

Oh! And @Irenetoo! I think she doesn't brag much about her accomplishments, but probably has a lot of good stories to tell!

Edited by Kat_Rigel
Added a namd
  • Like 2