What music are you listening to these days?

OnlyGenusCaps

On 7/16/2023 at 12:01 AM, Odd Duck said:

I’ve recently discovered this group that apparently focuses mostly on heavy metal Tolkienish dwarf music.  I had no idea I loved dwarf music, yet suddenly I do.

There's a combination of words I never thought I'd run across.

• Haha 4

On 7/17/2023 at 11:04 AM, JettsPapa said:

There's a combination of words I never thought I'd run across.

I never knew I’d be saying it either, but they definitely springboard off the LOTR dwarf vibe.  I had no idea a week ago that my life was bereft of dwarf metal.  Now I have a whole album of it and seeing if it’s a longer term fit before I impulse buy their other 2 albums.  😆 

On 7/19/2023 at 10:24 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Weirdly good running music, but not exactly dwarfish. 🙃

You’re MUCH too young to have seen that movie as many times as I have - I am the SAME AGE as Tom Cruise.  I’ve seen the movie dozens of times and if I was still a jogger, I might run to that.  Too old and too much damage to joints by now to run much anymore except for occasional bursts of short, slow motion sprints for paintball, but I do appreciate the trip down memory lane.  😆 😉  Can I still call them sprints when I’m this slow?  😂 🤣 

I’m a month plus 1 day older than he is.

Edited by Odd Duck
  • Haha 1

This will not be everyone's cup of tea. But this is really remarkable. NPR's Tiny Desk Concert Series is awesome. I was remembering this from a few years back, started listening again and couldn't stop. KF is sometimes goofy; but the dude is backed by a jaw-dropping live band here. Broadcast while many were still staying in isolation during COVID...