What music are you listening to these days?

OnlyGenusCaps

Listening to this album all week … Yellowjackets 1981. Jazz / Fusion instrumental album. Imagine if Earth Wind & Fire, Huey Lewis and the News, and Bruce Hornsby collaborated to write early soundtracks for episodes of Seinfeld 🔥

BTW… if you remember this, you are officially now “old.” 

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

50 years ago last May, a nobody named Richard Branson took a chance on another nobody.

Today, Virgin Records, Virgin Atlantic Airlines, Virgin Galactic Space Tourism... owe in part, their existence to:

The backstory is almost as good as the album: 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2024 at 10:58 PM, lefty o said:

There’s a guy that clearly isn’t fully comfortable on a motorcycle but is trying to make it look like he is.  😆 

And those front shocks look absolutely floppy.

Edited by Odd Duck
  • Haha 2

On 1/21/2024 at 11:53 AM, Odd Duck said:

There’s a guy that clearly isn’t fully comfortable on a motorcycle but is trying to make it look like he is.  😆 

And those front shocks look absolutely floppy.

He would have looked even less comfortable if he had accidently started the engine!    It's hard to look cool sitting astride an overgrown moped.

• Haha 2

On 1/21/2024 at 1:18 PM, Tanked said:

He would have looked even less comfortable if he had accidently started the engine!    It's hard to look cool sitting astride an overgrown moped.

Yep.  Pretty silly!  I guess they picked him for his chiseled jaw.  😝 I shouldn’t judge on looks but he gave the impression of maybe not being too smart.  Maybe it was just his extra dorky “moves” flopping around those worn out, or maybe oil-less, forks.

• Like 2

On 1/22/2024 at 5:25 PM, Odd Duck said:

Yep.  Pretty silly!  I guess they picked him for his chiseled jaw.  😝 I shouldn’t judge on looks but he gave the impression of maybe not being too smart.  Maybe it was just his extra dorky “moves” flopping around those worn out, or maybe oil-less, forks.

Looks are important when you are the leader of the pack.  He would look a little less dorky if he would lose the tie!

On a side note:  Mary Weiss was 15 when she sang the song and passed away this past Friday the 19th. at the age of 75.😔

• Sad 2

Aw, she was so cute with, well, whatever that hairstyle was.  I’m not really sure what you’d call that but I’m sure it was all the rage in the 60’s.  At least by the 70’s girls were only ironing their hair straight on the ironing board.  I helped my older sisters do their hair but I was too much of a tomboy to care at that point, so I had fairly short hair through most of the 70’s.  😆 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 11:18 AM, Odd Duck said:

Aw, she was so cute with, well, whatever that hairstyle was.  I’m not really sure what you’d call that but I’m sure it was all the rage in the 60’s.

My mother and aunts wore "wiglets" whenever they wanted to dress up.  It was a hilarious phase but quite popular at the time.  🤣284c59448a9ab8139d4cb54de7a9328d-2475111315.jpg.b2d3684f509e8ea9c2d55fbcead37f6b.jpg

• Like 3

On 2/6/2024 at 11:15 AM, Flipper said:

My mother and aunts wore "wiglets" whenever they wanted to dress up.  It was a hilarious phase but quite popular at the time.  🤣284c59448a9ab8139d4cb54de7a9328d-2475111315.jpg.b2d3684f509e8ea9c2d55fbcead37f6b.jpg

Couldn't be any worse than the attachments worn today

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 2/6/2024 at 10:23 AM, Tanked said:

so true, and so sad, and im saying this as someone who had an aunt who wore a beehive until the day she died.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 2/6/2024 at 10:23 AM, Tanked said:

Funny, I hadn't even put those two together.  I think they're worse today.  At least in the 60’s early 70's, they tried to blend in with their real hair.  No pinks or blues in wiglets and beehives.  🤯

• Haha 3

On 2/6/2024 at 1:42 PM, Guppysnail said:

Life affirming mood today 😁 Soring can’t get here soon enough.

Well, I was already working on adding a group / song here that I like.  So, I'm going to add it anyways. It's not so positive, like your song by Nickelback "If everyone cared".  However, if everyone cared, we wouldn't have the topic of my song to worry about. 

The video added some humor but they got their point across to me.  Scary world, ours!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 2/6/2024 at 4:05 PM, Flipper said:

@Guppysnail  Thanks for always keeping us "on topic".  The video of Leader of the Pack and her hairdo got me thinking back.  🤔

I love that one.  If you scroll through most of my posts are from the Leader of the Pack era. It say what music..not what NEW music 🤣🤣🤣🤣 It’s great to be old 🤗

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...