What music are you listening to these days?

OnlyGenusCaps

On 3/22/2023 at 12:30 AM, CorydorasEthan said:

Eine Alpensinfonie is a tone poem depicting a journey up a mountain, including sunrise, the forest, a waterfall, the summit, and a storm. It's one of my favorite pieces.

Have you read Albert von Hallers poem ‘Die Alpen’ ? If you like this I expect you’d like it. 🙂

• Like 1

What do I love about YouTube?  It is at once a source of high quality documentary, a means to access cultural content, or to watch big budget movies.  It gives us access to ideas, and escape, all with the click of a button.  In short, it has become a video platform that fulfills what the early internet promised - a lens through which to view the entirety of humanity.  As long as you don't read the comments section!

But I think part of me will always love that it is also in tucked away corners, always going to be what cable access TV was to the 1980's and 1990's.  Quirky, unique perspectives that will never find a broad audience, but still reflect the true panoply of humanity's experience.

Perhaps, this is all a big fluffy intro to explain that I sometimes enjoy the off-beat.  And with that, I give you "Stairway to Gilligan's Island" by Puddles Pity Party.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I mean if you are a blues/rock ban from Iceland, why wouldn't you do a concert to nobody on a random island?!  Oddly, I've spend time in Vestmannaeyjar which is not far way from that isolated lighthouse (it's the land you see in the distance there).

Kaleo "Break My Baby"

• Like 2

I’m gonna switch up the gears here. 

The iconic Blink-182 trio reunited at Coachella for the first time since 2014 on Friday night. My favorite band of all time, and here’s my favorite song(s) by them:

I have tickets to see them on their North American tour this summer and I’m STOKED. Got seats on the floor, and simply can’t wait to see the trio back on the stage. Travis survived a plane crash, Mark beat cancer during a global pandemic, and Tom is back in the band after quitting twice. This band/show/tour/new album shouldn’t be happening, and I’m soaking it all in. Cheers to pop punk vibes from the late 90’s and early 00’s 🤘.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...