What music are you listening to these days?

OnlyGenusCaps

Covers of some older and newer (for me) music on different instruments, in different genre.   Did that make sense?

Think: The Sounds of Silence Simon and Garfunkel or Disturbed, Thunderstruck on bagpipes, Nothing Else Matters Country version, Pipe organ version, bluegrass version, cello version...

• Like 1

Alvin Lucier. The origin behind this piece of classic Minimalism was that the composer had a severe stutter that he sought to make a recording where it no longer mattered to him.

He decided to record a short transcript in a room with a mild echo (i.e., resonances). Then he rerecorded that recording, dozens of times such that with each pass, the room resonance to voice ratio slowly changes from pure voice to only resonance.

The transformation is remarkable. It's some 40m long so skipping through it to sample the evolution is all you need to see what his concept reveals. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 8:55 AM, lefty o said:

warning, im anti xmas music until a few days before xmas.😈though this is not a bad version.

So am I, but Bob Marley Christmas is an acceptable compromise.

Twisted Sister might grow on me 😏

Currently, I have been listening to Redbone and Tribe Called Red.

Will bring some YouTube links, later.

On 11/27/2021 at 12:34 AM, lefty o said:

Every time for months now that I see your signature I chuckle. It makes me want to add to my signature…

Happy old fish keeping hobbiest…I still don’t want you on my lawn 🤣.  Now that I have shared maybe it will unstick itself from my brain 🤣