What music are you listening to these days?

OnlyGenusCaps

On 11/27/2021 at 8:56 AM, Guppysnail said:

Every time for months now that I see your signature I chuckle. It makes me want to add to my signature…

Happy old fish keeping hobbiest…I still don’t want you on my lawn 🤣.  Now that I have shared maybe it will unstick itself from my brain 🤣

i kind of stole it from clint eastwood in gran torino, get off of my lawn!

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 11:35 AM, Gator said:

I just watched a YouTube video of Alice Coopers' song "Poison" with a 3-minute intro by a woman who is not only a great guitarist, but also very pretty. I wish I knew her name, I think she has a great future as a rock guitarist.

she has an oddball name, cant recall it right now, but yeah she can bend them strings. hold on, its orithani or something like that.

So, I know recently on the social medias there was a whole thing about how Gen X inexplicably decided for like 2 years in the 1990's that swing music was cool again.  But I put to you that some of the covers were better than the originals.  Like this Yuletide ditty that was originally in the obscure 1974 "classic" "A Miser Brothers' Christmas", done to perfection by "Big Bad Vodoo Daddy".  Have a listen:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 12/1/2021 at 6:12 PM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

So, I know recently on the social medias there was a whole thing about how Gen X inexplicably decided for like 2 years in the 1990's that swing music was cool again. . .

Western swing has always been cool.  If you don't believe it ask Ray Benson.

On 12/3/2021 at 11:16 AM, lefty o said:

a good 'nother 2.5 weeks before i can tolerate the xmas music..

And here I was feeling bad being the last one in my neighborhood to put up lights this year - only a week before Turkey Day.  You might hate my neighborhood, @lefty o as I am nearly always the first to pull my lights too, Feb 1 because it's too long after that.  😎