What music are you listening to these days?

OnlyGenusCaps

Even though I am a musician, I don't listen to much anymore.  But when I do.... Metallica, Stryper, and mix in there other metal artists like Megadeth, Iron Maiden, etc. 

I haven't listened in a long time, but Led Zeppelin was a huge part of my high-school and college musical influence. 

• Like 2

On 9/25/2021 at 9:45 PM, Gideyon said:

Even though I am a musician, I don't listen to much anymore.  But when I do.... Metallica, Stryper, and mix in there other metal artists like Megadeth, Iron Maiden, etc. 

I haven't listened in a long time, but Led Zeppelin was a huge part of my high-school and college musical influence. 

I got to meet Stryper a few years ago before a show.  Super nice guys, and they can still rock!  

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 11:14 AM, GameCzar said:

I got to meet Stryper a few years ago before a show.  Super nice guys, and they can still rock!  

Every time they come to Baltimore it's either mother's day or I had work. 

Hoping to see them again next time they come around... and meet them. Been a fan since 1987.

• Love 1

I love The Offspring!  I love their sound.  I love that it captures a California vibe from where and when I am from.  I love that Dexter Holland got a PhD in biology like I did.  I love that he grow up surfing like me.  I love his musical talent, that he has been a huge success, that women throw themselves at his feet....  Okay, there are a lot of differences too.  But I also love their deep cuts!

• Like 3

On 10/8/2021 at 9:24 PM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

I love The Offspring!  I love their sound.  I love that it captures a California vibe from where and when I am from.  I love that Dexter Holland got a PhD in biology like I did.  I love that he grow up surfing like me.  I love his musical talent, that he has been a huge success, that women throw themselves at his feet....  Okay, there are a lot of differences too.  But I also love their deep cuts!

Offspring and Rage Against the Machine are def in my top 10 contemporary bands.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2021 at 10:27 PM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

I also like this "Suzanne" song.  You can feel the anguish in Kyle McNeill's voice:

That was sweet!

No doubt showing my age but the Allman Brothers' "Sweet Melissa" makes cleaning up the kitchen much more enjoyable.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

On 10/9/2021 at 12:12 PM, sudofish said:

I loved Offspring's first album.

I loved their first one and Baghdad too!  I remember a friend's older brother got Baghdad, on vinyl?!, which meant my friend could sneak it, but couldn't play it.  So, we took it and played it on my dad's player, which to that point the most radical thing that has come out of it was probably Mahler.  Neither my parents, nor my friend's brother were particularly excited by all of this.  But we were transfixed.  That music felt like it was for us!

On 10/14/2021 at 6:55 PM, PineSong said:

That was sweet!

Glad you liked it!  This is what I love about this thread.  Reminiscing and new discoveries.  All in one convenient thread.

And now for some Mahler!

• Love 1