What music are you listening to these days?

OnlyGenusCaps

On 11/2/2021 at 6:06 PM, Ken said:

The Highwaymen. 

I like pretty much everything they did together.

watch kristofferson in any of the live highwaymen video's. he is absolutely in awe that he gets to be on stage and play with willie, waylon, and johnny.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 7:10 PM, lefty o said:

watch kristofferson in any of the live highwaymen video's. he is absolutely in awe that he gets to be on stage and play with willie, waylon, and johnny.

Can you imagine how good that bunch would be if any of them could actually sing?

• Haha 1

Two Brief departures from the Twelve Tone Scale:

I find myself gravitating towards experimental music. Stockhausen had often claimed that "the 12 tone scale has been exhausted". I'm not at all certain that can be true or could even be determined but it is refreshing to hear compositions that use alternative scales. Below is Stockhausen's famous atonal quartette played under extraordinary conditions to impart a tension he felt matched the apparent discordance. Then an all percussion composition that is remarkably musical. 

I love music.

My main spotify playlist is musical whiplash - all of what's listed above and then some....

I've been in an 80's mood lately...  also into super vibey/funky music while I work these days...  Bands like Cannons, Leisure, etc...

On 11/10/2021 at 9:49 AM, GameCzar said:

@lefty o got me thinking about all the GREAT Eagles tunes that nobody ever hears.   Commercial radio is convinced their songs consist of the same 3-4 tunes over and over until you are numb to them.

This is one of my favorites:

agree, all you ever hear played on radio is hotel california. its gotten to where i cant stand to hear it.

On 11/10/2021 at 10:51 AM, lefty o said:

agree, all you ever hear played on radio is hotel california. its gotten to where i cant stand to hear it.

I often hear some of their stuff from the early '70's.  Their Greatest Hits Album 1971-1975 is the only one I've ever owned in LP, 8-track, cassette, and CD (yes, I'm old).

image.png.c334d3ae5dad3ac5b0e070495ea84206.png

• Like 2