This is called my NEW journal as i started one last year and forgot about it, so this is my new journal. 

I have a 20high tank, and thats almost all i have. Its planted, with platies, cories, and a betta. I also have a 5gallon with a panda garra in QT, and a 2 i have a female isolated in till she gives birth. I will post more here in the future on my various projects and updates. So my current update is 200+ corydora eggs. My cories laid for 6 hours straight on sunday, and the picture here is the result. I like experimenting with things too.

DSCF1118.JPG

DSCF1113.JPG

Edited by Theplatymaster
  • Like 3

My only update today is I got my first hatches! I was going through the catch cup with some planting tweezer pulling out bad eggs, when suddenly, something moved, so i looked, and so BABY CORYDORAS! Id post a picture but they are too small and my photography skills are too bad. Ill have to post pictures once they are older. SO EXCITED!!!! :D Edited by Theplatymaster
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

NEW CORYDORA BREEDING UPDATE: So last week, my corydoras laid 200+ eggs. Unfortunatly, i think 1 hatched, and that one died. So that was sad. HOWEVER, i dont know what im doing, but my corydoras have decided (and i agree with them) that the BEST time to lay eggs, is Sunday morning, AKA Tank Maintenance time. So I know have like 50 new eggs in an egg tumbler, im hoping i will get a better hatch rate than 200:1 this time. Apart from that, nothing else groundbreaking. But a 2.5gallon planted cherry shrimp tank might be in my future, that would be fun for me.
  • Like 2

New Update: Nothing new on corydora eggs, but the 2.5gallon shrimp tank plan has been changed. It will be a ten gallon shrimp tank, (Possibly with a few pygmy cories because they are SO CUTE) but it will only get set up once i can get some final supplies from Michaels. So Ill have it set up in a few weeks.
  • Love 2

Ive just realized how bad this journal is, its nothing like some big ones like Guppysnail. Well Update:Nothing new on cory eggs, i removed some stark white ones there. Ummm...The shrimp tank plan is a mess right now, it might be a ten, might be a five, and might have shrimp, and might have a betta. Once i can get something setup i will actually know what im doing

today's post, Pictures of fish: 

first picture is my tank right now with all the equipment, the cories were all in the back when i took the picture, have fun finding them.

second and third picture is my panda garra in QT, the lighting is bad, as that tank doesnt have any light on it, (Its a QT tank, not a display, i use a flashlight)

Last picture is my betta, sorry about reflections. 

DSCF1132.JPG

DSCF1137.JPG

DSCF1136.JPG

DSCF1142.JPG

• Like 4

On 1/13/2023 at 6:03 AM, Theplatymaster said:

DSCF1132.JPG

DSCF1137.JPG

DSCF1136.JPG

DSCF1142.JPG

One of the techniques Jimmy recommends is to tuck your elbows in to try to stabilize when you take a photo.   Hopefully that helps in future when you get some burry images.  For me, I know it took a lot of practice to try to get clear images.  I had to giggle at the "good luck finding them" with regards to the corydoras because they sure are hidden!

• Like 2

@nabokovfan87 sorry im just checking to make sure my @ function is working, i changed something on my computer and i figured you follow this anyway, so youd be a good test for me.

Todays Update: Much being impatient i released my panda garra from QT, looking better, very active. Still not eating anything but FD tubifex worms. Work in progress, id post pictures, but my camera is having battery issues.

Update today, for whoever cares, which is like 4 people: As a platy breeder ive got like 40 platies in my tank, and a member of my family came up to it and said "You have a lot of fish, isnt this overstocked" and im just like "PLANTS!". Anyway, got new cory eggs, a few are fertile, hoping they stay this way, and my java fern windelov is giving up plantlets. Also if i can get to Michael's tommorow i will be able to start setting up my 2.5gallon cherry shrimp tank.

• Like 2

@PineSongyeah im trying to have the bottom part be a nice jungle, but leave some swimming room, im still working on my plant game. Its funny. Occasionally i think to myself "If i rehomed a lot of my juvinile platies, id have more room for what i want" and than i realize, my tank with its plants and water change schedules despite what it looks like with 30+platies in there, is not overstocked. and im not trying to add a pleco or anything, im trying to add kuhli loaches, which are said to have very low bioloads.

On 1/31/2023 at 6:16 AM, PineSong said:

I can relate--there are always fish out there I would like to  have but haven't committed to make the room for. One day I'd like to have diamond tetras, but I'm not ready to give up the tank space just yet.

when i say kuhli loaches are the one fish i want right now, i mean for my current setup. if i had a bigger/different setup i would want different fish.

Update for today: It has been a pet peeve of mine for a while that my 5 and 2gallon project tanks were hard to observe, due to lack of lighting. So here is what i did. I took my clip on rim glofish light, that i had been using on my main tank (I swapped it for the ACO light, so much better), took the clips off and taped it to the underside of my stand, above where those tanks are. 2023-02-03-070745.jpg.17919df6d95c02e9ca2562ea26f3d0c3.jpg

this is those tanks with that light turned on:

2023-02-03-070818.jpg.0165a223bb7d4fc555a5bdb9ae4b03f9.jpg

however i wanted to put this light on the same timer as my other light, to do this i needed a new timer. I will preface this by saying i dont use Wifi timers, just the manual pin ones. So i got my new timer and set it up, the one thing is i didnt quite understand it. So the light would have turned off and hour late last night if i didnt do anything, and it turned on an hour late today. The brightside is it is much less confusing than my previous timer, and it is set to the time very precisely. I did resolve this timing issue.

second update: Babies!

"Of what type?" you ask

"Have you succeeded in your corydora goal?" you ask

"Are you scamming us, and its just platies AGAIN?" you ask.

To answer your non-asked questions, it is Java Fern babies, my windelov has been making them for a week or two, but my normal java ferns have also started putting out babies, not only that, a leaf i had floating in my 5gallon tank is making babies too, i plan on  leaving the babies on the main plants for now, than seperate them once the get big, i will have SO much java fern, anyone want some? 😆.2023-02-03-070907.jpg.fd7102a0cc61263b58e8d1ab1f081fc3.jpg2023-02-03-071014.jpg.2eda2b5d140731f16c5065a8db1483d9.jpg

(Apologies for bad photography.)(Corydoras are easier to find in these pictures)

and last thing: Last night i did some reorginizing and got my some of my aquarium stuff their own drawer, as appose to just  a box on the floor, here's a picture: orginazationbin.jpg.e5e901924a83afc81b5a8c1ef7e541d3.jpg

Edited by Theplatymaster
  • Like 1