On 3/21/2023 at 6:31 PM, Cmike15 said:

seems you are doing things right. maybe it needs to season more?  Completely understandable with shrimp, they are safer with a sponge and that's what i'd prefer too for that size tank!

water parameters:

Nitrate:10ppm

Nitrite:0ppm

Ammonia: 0ppm

Hardness: 150ppm

KH: 180ppm

PH: 8

Chlorine: 0

i can just let it sit now that all the shrimp are dead. I can make my mom mad and squeeze out some sponges into that tank next time i do a WC to seed the tank some more, other then that im not so sure whats happening.

Edited by Theplatymaster

I lost a platy 😞...

i dont really feel emotional about losing platies anymore, because i have so many.

I think she died giving birth, ive had another similar death before in platies.

This platy will go out in the fish water, hopefully bring more life into this world though its death.

Unrelated my moss testing is going VERY well, im suprised based on the time it is taking ( a few days at the fastest) and the process that it is.

• Sad 1

On 3/21/2023 at 5:28 PM, Theplatymaster said:

@Chick-In-Of-TheSeawhat ended up happening with your shrimp?

Bought 8 lost half, I think due to water changes where I didn’t drip. Although I only changed 10%. Added 4 more shrimp and boom, they started breeding like crazy.

Root tabs, I poke a hole in the end with a push pin. I use the tongs to place the root tab under the substrate then I squeeze the tongs to get the air out. Then fully open the tongs and take them out.