On 9/2/2022 at 11:13 AM, Odd Duck said:

I think the issue may be the riccia. I don’t know that it develops sufficient attachment. A Fissidens species would reliably develop good attachment and I think would give you the look you’re after better than anything else. 

You got me hooked on wanting the phoenix or us fox so it’s not a total loss. You also got me want hookeri (sp?) So I think I’m going to find a spot in with the two new surprise fish for the H moss. 

You are a moss influencer 🤗🤣

On 9/2/2022 at 10:52 AM, Guppysnail said:

You got me hooked on wanting the phoenix or us fox so it’s not a total loss. You also got me want hookeri (sp?) So I think I’m going to find a spot in with the two new surprise fish for the H moss. 

You are a moss influencer 🤗🤣

I do love the funky mosses!  😆 🤣 

• Love 1

On 9/2/2022 at 7:12 AM, Guppysnail said:

I am very pleased to say Ziggy with his cracked shell is doing very well. His girl friend decided to lend a hand again and armor plated him some more. I find it cool how she reinforced the area around the exposed tissue. 🥰

86E5581F-BE0E-4154-A47D-977AE126B16C.jpeg

CB0EE789-FB29-443F-A3A0-7AB63EB677EF.jpeg

5E456B4F-1A4A-4499-BD45-A848AF2B55A8.jpeg

120BA4EE-2242-4366-9C2D-761975CCAB14.jpeg

That’s very interesting. Is anyone else bedazzled or just him?

P.S. He looks like a sesame seed bun. 🙂

You’re running some kind of bakery over there, you got Cruller and sesame seed bun.

• Haha 2

On 9/3/2022 at 2:23 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

That’s very interesting. Is anyone else bedazzled or just him?

P.S. He looks like a sesame seed bun. 🙂

You’re running some kind of bakery over there, you got Cruller and sesame seed bun.

Yeah a few nerites and a couple mystery babies. I think they like to lay on moving objects hoping that moving thing will hit appropriate hatching type water?maybe? 

• Haha 1

It looked like lovely spooky Halloween in the new tank waiting for critters. I could not resist the opportunity to give the smallest snail kids a buffet cap I put 8 plus some shrimp in until the new kids get here Thursday. That will be the qt tank/permanent home so I’m not going to stress them in a tote qt then move them again. 
As I find more small ones I’ll move them temporarily to give them a booster buffet. 

2E92ECCE-5AEA-4647-8334-B1FB5D6C550A.jpeg

0D6524D8-35D2-4706-9102-9645FF7BA8F9.jpeg

3AA1C2E9-3464-4591-973B-79FB62B34DE6.jpeg

B7072E50-A6BC-4639-A21C-D41B9F8B77A7.jpeg

4A0D92BC-2D6B-486E-9D9C-C620B86D7C1B.jpeg

• Like 5

Guppynail The tanks look wonderful and i love the new tank set up never heard of pineapple roots in tanks I might have to try it ,, I love the look of Pygmy   cories  I might have to check those out,, i have cories  on my shopping list for the next trip to the  LFS ,,,  I have Panda and Julii ..  cories  already but need get some more cories 

My netrite snails bedazzle my goldie mystery  she has white spots  they are making her more pretty  🤩  I had to clean the netrite snail eggs of my tree stump today 

Riccia Fluitans I got it after seeing yours  Guppysnail I have in both tanks it is doing better in my 10 gallon  but hopefully it will grow in my 55  too i like it and the texture of it 

i have been having trouble finding the Mexican Dwarf Orange Crayfish  want a couple for my shrimp tank heard they get along with red cherry shrimp and mystery snails  and i use to have a pair   about 6~7 years ago  in my old 29 gallon 

Edited by Bev C
  • Like 2

On 9/5/2022 at 5:08 AM, Guppysnail said:

@Bev C I also love the look of Riccia but it simply won’t stick to anything. 
Crayfish would be so fun. I had no idea there were any that could go with shrimp. Do they do ok with snails as well? 

The guy at the LFS was telling me the other day about how cool it was when all the crayfish molted.

• Like 1