Name a vehicle company or model and I will tell you "Everything wrong with it" or "Everything great about it"

Dwayne Brown

Hi all, i'm not sure what the general reaction to this will be. Inspired by the great YouTube channel "everything wrong with.." I will attempt to parody that but with the subject being cars, trucks, suvs... I originally thought that I should do a YouTube channel on this, but then I realized that "Scotty Kilmer" was already doing it. So I decided that I must share my great amount of info and my highly critical mindset with the wonderful people of this forum😁. And by the way if I say something you disagree with please PEACEFULLY ( I've seen where this goes on reddit) share your opinion. 

Edit I will now also be telling people everything great about a vehicle. 

Edited by Dwayne Brown

@Daniel you got me, those older small japanese and ford pickups are great. Really all of them were very good pickups. I love the fact that you can customize them for offroading. They really were bulletproof little trucks. You have inspired me to change the topic to everything wrong, or everything right about a vehicle.

• Like 1

The Sonata's get great gas mileage, and are actually relatively reliable. They dont have super high repair costs and along with mazda have kinda luxurious interiors. Now some of the later years the model had trouble, the 2014 one is a great car.

Edited by Dwayne Brown

On 7/22/2021 at 11:48 AM, FlyingFishKeeper said:

SpaceX Falcon 9 Block 5?

that one is easy. poor fuel economy, doesnt fit in the garage, hard to navigate in traffic with it. on the plus side it has fairly good acceleration.

Edited by lefty o
  • Haha 5

On 7/22/2021 at 9:25 AM, Brandy said:

I can easily tell you everything wrong with my hated 2010 prius. I miss my sweet little screaming red 2005 manual Celica every dang day. 

Whats so bad about the Prius. In my opinion it was one of the greatest innovations in the auto market sure the 0-60 is slow and the speedometer and stuff are in weird places but they really are solid hybrid cars.

On 7/22/2021 at 9:30 AM, lefty o said:

also, scotty kilmer has fallen down and hit his head too many times. i hope no one takes much he says as gospel.

He does change his mind a lot but if you just listen to his stats and other non opinionated info he can be a really good resource

On 7/22/2021 at 9:29 AM, lefty o said:

they all have issues. but ill give you one to play with  1953 studebaker goldenhawk.

The good

It was ok reliability wise

It was made in america

It was luxury?

The bad.

It is be modern standards very unsafe

It was luxury so during the 50s recession people couldnt buy it

I mean I dont really know that much about pre 60s cars so take what I say with a grain of salt

On 7/22/2021 at 10:44 AM, GameCzar said:

1970 Dodge Dart

This vehicle I have never heard of before. But seeing that its a dodge from before the fiat chrysler merger it probably had decent reliability. As far as maintenance costs go O have no idea if parts for this vehicle are still readily available. But on google it looks like a cool little compact muscle car.

On 7/22/2021 at 11:16 AM, DaveO said:

2000 Nissan Frontier. The engine is still strong. That's the only thing good I can say about it.

The nissan frontier has for the last few decades consistently been one of the more reliable midsized pickups out there. The 2000 one got poor gas milage but they are dependable and are great for offroading. I personally am fine with a bare bones car so long as it lasts.

On 7/22/2021 at 11:57 AM, Dwayne Brown said:

@Daniel you got me, those older small japanese and ford pickups are great. Really all of them were very good pickups. I love the fact that you can customize them for offroading. They really were bulletproof little trucks. You have inspired me to change the topic to everything wrong, or everything right about a vehicle.

We use in our beekeeping business and it has never failed us. It is very simple mechanically but gets the job done:

image.png.3e404c9df8475bf9f4c8fc428499ac5e.png

• Like 2

1997 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 😋

I can tell you mine was dead reliable, until I started modifying everything... Scotty Kilmer is a quack amongst car "gurus" Savage Geese are the best in automotive journalism and info for new cars, period. Although I do miss the old days of smoking tire with Matt Farah. That man was so honest, I hope his new business ventures are panning out.

I also geek out over cars much to the dismay of everyone around me.

On 7/22/2021 at 12:25 PM, Biotope Biologist said:

1997 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 😋

I can tell you mine was dead reliable, until I started modifying everything... Scotty Kilmer is a quack amongst car "gurus" Savage Geese are the best in automotive journalism and info for new cars, period. Although I do miss the old days of smoking tire with Matt Farah. That man was so honest, I hope his new business ventures are panning out.

I also geek out over cars much to the dismay of everyone around me.

I agree that he is kind of odd and most of his stuff is to probably get views. 

The eagle talon is essentially a Mitsubishi eclipse sports car. They are reliable as ling as you take it in for scheduled maintenance and do everything the company says I prefer hondas or yotas. You just put oil in them and they will run for 30+ years. I do like the awd though in my experience it really helps with acceleration.

Edited by Dwayne Brown