I see those bright pink eggs just above the water line all the time. I have 5 Mystery Snails, at least I think they're Mystery Snails (🤣?!), and those clutches appear almost on a weekly basis.

I asked some friends (you!) about them as the color is not what I expected to see.

I've also yet to see them hatch so I put them under the microscope and every time, the eggs are empty. With other snail eggs, I can always see an embryo moving around the insides, but these are inevitably vacant, so I stopped trying to save them.

My Dojo's literally jump out of the water to eat them and often scatter them where the others munch on them. I've never seen an adverse reaction and apparently, they're delicious!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

By bright pink, do you mean like the pink labeled “c” or the pink labeled “b” (usually slightly pinker than this pic but always a shade of soft pinkish tan)?  Because “c” is a very bright pink, indeed, in real life.

C50B30CD-4CAB-4646-BB98-54CACF745888.jpeg

Edited by Odd Duck
Clarify.
  • Like 2

On 11/7/2022 at 12:57 PM, dasaltemelosguy said:

I see those bright pink eggs just above the water line all the time. I have 5 Mystery Snails, at least I think they're Mystery Snails (🤣?!), and those clutches appear almost on a weekly basis.

I asked some friends (you!) about them as the color is not what I expected to see.

I've also yet to see them hatch so I put them under the microscope and every time, the eggs are empty. With other snail eggs, I can always see an embryo moving around the insides, but these are inevitably vacant, so I stopped trying to save them.

My Dojo's literally jump out of the water to eat them and often scatter them where the others munch on them. I've never seen an adverse reaction and apparently, they're delicious!

Nothing but goo is ever in my clutches until about the week -2 week mark. Maybe put them in an incubator and wait 2 weeks to scope?  
All those magentas you will soon have hundreds of clutches 🤣

• Love 1

DEFINITELY "C". That's exactly them. I get them often. I did keep 1 clutch for a few weeks, but they didn't hatch. Subsequent ones I checked for content, but they were pretty new so maybe I didn't give it enough time. But I have so many gorgeous magentas now, I'll let the dojos decide what to do with the pink eggs!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 11/7/2022 at 1:47 PM, dasaltemelosguy said:

DEFINITELY "C". That's exactly them. I get them often. I did keep 1 clutch for a few weeks, but they didn't hatch. Subsequent ones I checked for content, but they were pretty new so maybe I didn't give it enough time. But I have so many gorgeous magentas now, I'll let the dojos decide what to do with the pink eggs!

When you shared the egg photos from yours they definitely looked like “C” to me. I was shocked. I never seen those before. 

• Like 3

On 11/7/2022 at 12:47 PM, dasaltemelosguy said:

If I didn’t think the dojos would become invasive as bad as the apple snails, it would be good to know there is something that will eat them and survive.  Apparently fire ants are the only thing they’ve found so far that can safely eat them.  Fire ants - invasive, too!  🤦🏻‍♀️ 

• Like 4

On 11/7/2022 at 7:01 PM, Odd Duck said:

By bright pink, do you mean like the pink labeled “c” or the pink labeled “b” (usually slightly pinker than this pic but always a shade of soft pinkish tan)?  Because “c” is a very bright pink, indeed, in real life.

C50B30CD-4CAB-4646-BB98-54CACF745888.jpeg

I really want to get my mitts on whatever laid the 'a' exhibit !

• Like 1

So I want to share. My awesome fishy friend who happens to be @TeeJay’s youngest daughter made these gifts for me and sent them in this beautiful fishy decorated envelope. Very talented. All 3 made from rubber bands!  Thank you my fishy friend 🤗

95ED4995-AB66-4C15-AEA7-CC4FF49D5715.jpeg

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

On 11/8/2022 at 10:11 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

:: waiting patiently for Froggin update ::   😁

Morning bath time D35CA3D0-55A9-49BF-A919-AF51B52E665C.jpeg.46cf692665429ce5f19da9772e4233d8.jpeg

she went missing for a few days. Her yearly tiny brumation period. I used that time to locate her and do wellness checks. I also did a deep fluff and moisten of the substrate and mixed in new moistened sphagnum moss.

I about fell over. my powder orange isopods are THRIVING. I knew they were found well because they are no longer shy. Now I know it’s because they have grown into a colony of hundreds. Very happy ecosystem. Springtails have kept all mold and fungus eaten. She came out Sunday morning. 🥰

• Love 6

I was siphoning leftover food out since I moved the snails from this tank. Decided to take a video. Vacuuming this tank has become crazy interesting. They TRY to swim up the tube they are so nosey. 
I LOVE THESE GUYS! 
So nosey. 
Whatcha doin mom?  Anything yummy down there?  Totally fearless. 

• Haha 3
  • Love 2

On 11/8/2022 at 10:32 AM, Guppysnail said:

I was siphoning leftover food out since I moved the snails from this tank. Decided to take a video. Vacuuming this tank has become crazy interesting. They TRY to swim up the tube they are so nosey. 
I LOVE THESE GUYS! 
So nosey. 

Hahaha, they are just like Snoopy!  High involvement.  😆  I like the plants that are near them.

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Love 1

On 11/8/2022 at 4:32 PM, Guppysnail said:

I LOVE THESE GUYS! 
So nosey. 

You really make me want to get into keeping those! Someday……

• Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 7:19 AM, Guppysnail said:.

I about fell over. my powder orange isopods are THRIVING. I knew they were found well because they are no longer shy. Now I know it’s because they have grown into a colony of hundreds. Very happy ecosystem. Springtails have kept all mold and fungus eaten. She came out Sunday morning. 🥰

I’m glad your colony is doing well! It was a shock when I took my terrarium apart to refurnish it. I too had hundreds that found whatever cracks they could and quite literally disappeared into the woodwork.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 11/8/2022 at 11:58 AM, Biotope Biologist said:

I feed mine flaked fish food for calcium. And they really go nuts for stale bearded dragon pellets. They also get vegetables and boiled leaves from outside. 

Hmmm. I never feed mine. I did not know I was supposed to. They do eat the dead crickets, leaves, moss etc and I use liquid calcium in the water I spray to mist. I feel like a bad isopod mom now. 

• Love 1

On 11/8/2022 at 9:17 AM, Guppysnail said:

Hmmm. I never feed mine. I did not know I was supposed to. They do eat the dead crickets, leaves, moss etc and I use liquid calcium in the water I spray to mist. I feel like a bad isopod mom now. 

I think they are perfectly happy with that! Yours are more a cleanup crew and mine are I guess the centerpiece critter. 😅

• Love 1

On 11/8/2022 at 7:45 AM, Guppysnail said:

So I want to share. My awesome fishy friend who happens to be @TeeJay’s youngest daughter made these gifts for me and sent them in this beautiful fishy decorated envelope. Very talented. All 3 made from rubber bands!  Thank you my fishy friend 🤗

95ED4995-AB66-4C15-AEA7-CC4FF49D5715.jpeg

Hey it's Hannah I wanted to say thank you for sharing my bracelets with people in your journal so new people can see them.

• Love 3