On 10/12/2022 at 9:50 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Question for you, gup.  How do you do water changes on the tanks low to the ground?  Do you just dip water out?  How do you vacuum them?

Oh this must be a magenta.  I thought it was Caramel.

I have seen electrical water pumps for water changes about, but they are a tad out of my price range! (By about 60-70 bucks)

Finishedimage.jpg.a9287065bd1b15d8cc17fc1c4c99a05b.jpg

DE02DC04-311C-48CA-998B-6F59E1F2A320.jpeg

EB0FA7F0-C17A-4728-94D6-DF473FE9937B.jpeg

On 10/12/2022 at 3:50 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Question for you, gup.  How do you do water changes on the tanks low to the ground?  Do you just dip water out?  How do you vacuum them?

It’s 3 inches off the floor I have 3 electrical pumps but not for shrimp tanks

image.jpg

04BA1496-9888-40A0-914F-9DE6BAE7C479.jpeg

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 3

On 10/12/2022 at 4:07 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I've seen pond pumps in a bunch of sizes but I'm wondering about vacuuming the bottom.

You can DIY a vacuum with an airstone and a filter meshbag. Lots of YouTube videos about it. That said, it only removes gunk, doesn't actually remove any water.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OFF TOPIC HUMOR 

This should prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I do not have a single artistic bone in my body🤣

Hubbys💕❤️‘s birthday is this week. Since his heart attack and being diagnosed pre-diabetic I had to find a way to make him a cake that had almost no cholesterol saturated fat or sugar. I ended up making him brownies because he likes brownies more than cake and I couldn’t get the cake to be fluffy. 

This is supposed to be one of those football charts where you see the squiggly lines and players showing everybody where they’re supposed to run because he’s a Cowboys fan. The pearls are the other team I couldn’t find blue stars so I had to go with gold and that’s supposed to be the Cowboys all over the field annihilating the other team.

I must say this looked so much more realistic in my mind than what it turned out on the cake🤣🤣🤣🤣

2B172566-95E7-478A-8F8D-A862ACA028B5.jpeg

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Haha 3

On 10/14/2022 at 3:03 PM, Guppysnail said:

OFF TOPIC HUMOR 

This should prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I do not have a single artistic bone in my body🤣

Hubbys💕❤️‘s birthday is this week. Since his heart attack and being diagnosed pre-diabetic I had to find a way to make him a cake that had almost no cholesterol saturated fat or sugar. I ended up making him brownies because he likes brownies more than cake and I couldn’t get the cake to be fluffy. 

This is supposed to be one of those football charts where you see the squiggly lines and players showing everybody where they’re supposed to run because he’s a Cowboys fan. The pearls are the other team I couldn’t find blue stars so I had to go with gold and that’s supposed to be the Cowboys all over the field annihilating the other team.

I must say this looked so much more realistic in my mind than what it turned out on the cake🤣🤣🤣🤣

It’s the thought that counts!!

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2022 at 9:03 AM, Guppysnail said:

OFF TOPIC HUMOR 

I see it. The opposing team is way outnumbered and clearly the purple thing in the middle is the goal post and the 2 orange things on the right are fans with their arms up in the air, cheering on the stars of the field.  And if you take into account the A that is near them it spells yay.  

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Love 1

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea 

problem solved 🎉

The guy I get my fish from had local friends that moved and had to sell their fish. He bought a 1 year old trio of Bolivian rams from them 😍😍😍

I’m getting those since I’m new to cichlids and they have lived together already. So no aggression worries 🥰 

🎉💕

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/14/2022 at 9:57 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

@Guppysnail those are not Bolivians. See their red eyes?

Bolivian rams do not have red eyes.

Snoopy

6C81FE4A-38E4-40ED-8E18-27DBD00778FA.jpeg

Well crap. I just messaged him. I can’t take those. My tank is only 74 degrees. 
@Chick-In-Of-TheSea you just saved my butt. I did not know they looked the same to me. 

Edited by Guppysnail

On 10/14/2022 at 10:11 PM, Guppysnail said:

Don’t be sorry I would have killed those poor things at 74 degrees and not known why. Thank you. 

You will find your Bolivians. You’re on a mission. 

When I bought Snoopy he was in an unlabeled tank, but I recognized him as a Bolivian after watching Prime Time’s vids a bunch of times. Big box didn’t know how to ID Snoopy or ring him up, so they rang him up as a red ram. (??)  I didn’t care, it was about the price I expected.

Before that, At another store I asked for Bolivian Ram and they tried to give me GBR and I stopped them and said, nope. That ain’t the one.

The body shape is the same so sellers mix them up.

At least you got a video beforehand.

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2022 at 10:17 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

You will find your Bolivians. You’re on a mission. 

When I bought Snoopy he was in an unlabeled tank, but I recognized him as a Bolivian after watching Prime Time’s vids a bunch of times. Big box didn’t know how to ID Snoopy or ring him up, so they rang him up as a red ram. (??)  I didn’t care, it was about the price I expected.

Before that, At another store I asked for Bolivian Ram and they tried to give me GBR and I stopped them and said, nope. That ain’t the one.

The body shape is the same so sellers mix them up.

At least you got a video beforehand.

I seriously owe you one 🤗