Curious of how you all came up with your usernames!

FishPlanet

On 12/7/2021 at 9:40 PM, GameCzar said:

I collect retro video games, and the Czarista and I sold games and retro themed crafts at conventions for several years.  The Game Czar where the Games Are was our title (and slogan) so I started using this name to promote the business. 
Covid kinda killed the whole convention circuit, so now I just collect stuff for me and not to sell, but the name stuck.

Here's a pic of me and our setup at one of our conventions. 

77185877_1532891146848921_136348495635283968_n.jpg

Qbert😍

• Love 1

I've used Griznatch as a gamer handle since waaaay back in the early 80s when I started playing D&D. Was my first character 🙂
It's usually what I use when still playing online games today... oh, and it sounds pretty rude when text to speech or any software tries to say it out loud lol. I've been using it for so long now it's my default account name on pretty much anything I do online.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

The old timers would drive to the "filling station" to get "tanked up".  They could also come home from the local tavern "tanked up", or just "tanked". 

I was reading about bourbon history when a friend called to ask if I had space for another "fish tank".  Random thoughts collided.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 12/10/2021 at 10:41 AM, Griznatch said:

I've used Griznatch as a gamer handle since waaaay back in the early 80s when I started playing D&D. Was my first character 🙂
It's usually what I use when still playing online games today... oh, and it sounds pretty rude when text to speech or any software tries to say it out loud lol. I've been using it for so long now it's my default account name on pretty much anything I do online.

I started DnD in 83-84 with a Thief named Tnegun. One of my stepdaughters is playing with a 20-something group and having a lot of fun with it. First time I ever traveled with her Dad I found a d20 in his shaving kit while looking for advil...😂 the rest as they say is history.

On 12/10/2021 at 6:50 PM, Dancing Matt said:

My name is Matthew and I like to dance...

I used to know a dancing Matt - made me flatfoot to "Rocky Top" at his buddy's wedding reception because he was such a hardcore UT alum.

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2021 at 4:50 PM, Dancing Matt said:

My name is Matthew and I like to dance...

🎶You can dance if you want to, 

You can leave your friends behind, 

Cause your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance

They're no friends of mine🎶

Oops.

No filter between fingers and brain😅

I am pretty boring. Pretty much everyone I have ever met with my name has been a relative, and I like that it really isn't a gendered name, so🤷‍♂️

I didn't really want to bring my gamer name in, so my name it is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gideyon and Gid E Yon have been my online names recently. Optimus used to be it, but it was rare to have one available without numbers added to it. 

Why the name?  I'm not sure.   It's spelling is the transliteration of Gideon in my parents' native language. And I like the biblical story of Gideon. 

I also like the AI Gideon from the Arrowverse. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I got a 120 tank and put it in my garage to hold my fishing catch until I was ready to release or clean them for my Mom. I had never had an aquarium before. That is why I say I backed into the hobby. I didn't expect to get hooked, so to speak. When the bullhead catfish parents were guarding their day old fry under the seaweed in my boat ramp. I grabbed a large mosquito net and quickly scooped up about 70 and dropped them in a 10 gallon tank and started researching raising baby fish.  I called my baby catfish kittenfish. (My husband called them calfheads)  I became their adoptive Mom, so KittenFishMom.

• Like 4

Mine is rather simple as well. When I was heavily invested in the fish hobby I would only do biotopes. Especially the amazon biotope. My dream is to one day have a 3500 gallon amazon biotope in the middle of my living room, kinda like what Yoshitaka Amano did but bigger. 

And biologist because I am a marine biologist by trade so it just kinda fit together. Although maybe I should change my name now to isopod biologist since that's all I keep currently.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 12/13/2021 at 3:41 AM, Torrey said:

🎶You can dance if you want to, 

You can leave your friends behind, 

Cause your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance

They're no friends of mine🎶

Oops.

No filter between fingers and brain😅

I am pretty boring. Pretty much everyone I have ever met with my name has been a relative, and I like that it really isn't a gendered name, so🤷‍♂️

I didn't really want to bring my gamer name in, so my name it is.

Well that has now well and truly planted an ear worm that won't be going away anytime soon!!! 

I've been Mr Gumby ever since I got into Monty python's flying Circus... simple as that

I prefer rather abstract user names for myself. But it strikes me as a waste not to think of something. Once I came up with Dark Gardener, which is a bit fun / strange, but also a bit silly or tweensy. Gardening is such a down-to-earth, harmless and mildly positive concept that a dark gardener could be a little intriguing. I don't garden, however and I don't goth. 

(I found out that I could name my bank accounts. One is now called "20 scotsmen with or without kilts".)

Edited by darkG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1