Hi everybody!

Hello everyone, I'm super excited to be here! I grew up with fish and the hobby has changed SO MUCH since I was a kid. Back in the old days, you just temp acclimated for maybe 30 minutes and tossed the poor things in. I am learning a ton about how care has advanced from that and am very excited to spoil my fishy-babies properly. A few months ago, I got 75 gallon tank as a birthday present, and my mum inherited my 20 gallon for her home office. She and I are dedicated to doing right by our little friends, so I'm happy to have found an active forum. Before getting any fish, I've done a ton of research, but I'm no expert by any means and having a supportive community is definitely putting me more at ease. I have a half moon dumbo betta fish named Barnaby. He came to us with some pretty beat up looking fins, but they're getting better every day with supportive treatment. We also have a couple small schools of harlequin rasboras, cherry barbs, and corydora catfish (emeralds and albinos). I have a clown pleco, and some black nerite racer snails. My mum has neon tetras, zebra danios, otocinclus, and a platinum/white betta fish. I have a long way to go before my 75 gallon is done, but I'm including a pic. If anyone has any advice, please share!

Tank Update.jpeg

• Like 2

On 8/30/2021 at 7:22 AM, Nooby said:

@Lyca_Watyre love your tank cabinet, is that a D.I.Y?

Surprisingly no!  It came from Petsmart! I was planning on building one extremely similar to the look of this one, but they had it in stock with the tank and I was like less work? Yes please. I am working on customizing the inside cabinets, however. Right now, they're an organized mess!