Let see YOUR favorite fish, that YOU own.

FrozenFins

Manny

I think six Bolivian rams could be a little much for a 40 Gal. even when heavily planted. I currently have six in my 75 Gal. which is extremely heavy planted and uses Cryptocoryne wendtii as mid- and foreground plants and has several caves built into the two root complexes of my driftwood but even there I notice the occasional chase going on. I would go with four, and if all is well in paradise than you can always try adding another pair, or some females. Other than that Bolivian Rams, Cardinal Tetras, Rummynose Tetras, and Otocinclus make a great, and very plant friendly combo and also get along well with Amano shrimp and Neocaridina shrimp in my tank.

You can check out how keep mine here:

• Like 1

Angelfish Lover, I have loved the angelfish I have had before.  I am still trying to figure out how to set something up for some.  I usually tried to keep two in a 29 gallon which always would end up with my needing to get rid of one because of adult dominance issues.  But I have never kept rope fish.  What do you like about them?

1 hour ago, Lifeisgood said:

Angelfish Lover, I have loved the angelfish I have had before.  I am still trying to figure out how to set something up for some.  I usually tried to keep two in a 29 gallon which always would end up with my needing to get rid of one because of adult dominance issues.  But I have never kept rope fish.  What do you like about them?

They are very active and if you have multiple witch you should they will play like when I took this photo this one was playing with his reflection. The only issues I have with them is they can be very sensitive to parameters at first since they have it be wild caught and they come from Africa so I haven’t been able to find any since March of 2020  so I currently only have one unfortunately since my other 3 passed due to the sensitivity I talked about. But this isn’t something you should worry about as it’s rare to see this as-long as you have good parameters and they are very hardy and I love to watch them eat   

2 hours ago, Jungle Fan said:

Manny

I think six Bolivian rams could be a little much for a 40 Gal. even when heavily planted. I currently have six in my 75 Gal. which is extremely heavy planted and uses Cryptocoryne wendtii as mid- and foreground plants and has several caves built into the two root complexes of my driftwood but even there I notice the occasional chase going on. I would go with four, and if all is well in paradise than you can always try adding another pair, or some females. Other than that Bolivian Rams, Cardinal Tetras, Rummynose Tetras, and Otocinclus make a great, and very plant friendly combo and also get along well with Amano shrimp and Neocaridina shrimp in my tank.

You can check out how keep mine here:

@Jungle FanThank you for the input. Holy smokes, your aquarium is tremendous!!! I love how much thought and detail went into this, great job dude. 
I will most likely go with 2-3 rams, with probably 12-15 cardinals, and some 6-8 corys. It will also be heavily planted. 

@Manny Thanks for the kind words, sounds like you have a great tank planned as well.

@Frosty.R Love your Bolivian Rams as well, always great to see someone else who shares my passion for the Bolivians while most seem to gravitate to the German Blue Rams, which are also real nice but my Bolivians seem to have a lot more personality than any of the German Blues I've kept in the past.

• Like 2