Suggestion Box

Daniel

On 2/21/2023 at 3:31 PM, Theplatymaster said:

just a question, is there a way to control notifications so if someone quotes you in a message, you only get 1 notification. (or if someone @s you in a journal you follow etc...double notifications)?

Are you getting 2 notifications for the same post? Like if you were following this thread you'd get one that I quoted you and one that I commented? I only get 2 for the same thread if someone tags or quotes me and someone else also comments.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 6:03 PM, Theplatymaster said:

is it a glitch that when someone has say 1.243k comments, then they comment a bunch and end up with 1.251 comments that it will just show them in have 1.3k comments?

It's rounding to two digits.  You can mouse over and see the actual number.

image.png.bc6db195962bfa096c50334e56d2b075.png

Edited by jwcarlson
  • Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 9:59 AM, Theplatymaster said:

question:

How come if im following someone. and they post on a thread, then someone else posts on that thread aswell in a close time, the notifacation will say "x and y commented on x topic" when i was only following x.

If you have your setting set to follow topics you are involved in it will show all comments on that thread. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For the store.

I want an all black sponge filter with an opaque black riser tube.  There are none out there.

I modified a sponge filter to get the all black aesthetic, but now the air stone needs to be replaced and I can't find one to fit, even the ACO ziss airhead is slightly too tall.  So frustrating! 

On 4/5/2023 at 6:26 AM, PerceptivePesce said:

modified a sponge filter to get the all black aesthetic, but now the air stone needs to be replaced and I can't find one to fit, even the ACO ziss airhead is slightly too tall.  So frustrating! 

Maybe you could try making your own out of shotcrete? 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can we get a pinned thread here to report forum issues and/or clarify if the board is being updated?  Meaning.... If there's a major update, post there so we know some issues may be expected? 

Right now the board is having a lot of issues.  I don't know if it's server side or if there's an update in process and that explains the loading discrepancies.

• Like 1

So far what I can see is some loading issues (still happening on my end) intermittently depending on how the page loads.

-Menu (notification or DM) do not load the itemized list.  It only loads the button to go to inbox to view.  Sometimes this works to allow access, but not always.
-Posts with photos do not load the photo
-Reply box will not expand to allow user to post (again, depends on the page and how it loads)
-broken links / pages not loading when clicked via URL
-cannot quote a post (the box to quote doesn't load and the standard quote post button does not work)

Hopefully this helps out with determining what is going on. I apologize if this isn't useful information.

@Zenzo @Streetwise

• Like 1

@Streetwise No worries at all, it happens.  I just mention it for the sake of trying to have a mechanism for communicating to users who may not be aware that there is an update, that's all! :)

It also gives a means to mention new features or fixes if there is anything worth doing so.

We all appreciate all the hard work behind the scenes to keep this forum up to date!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea, that looks like an error from Cloudfront, which must be part of the hosting ecosystem for Invision Community. I see a notice from today, but it appears to be resolved.

https://health.aws.amazon.com/health/status

Service

Amazon CloudFront

Severity

Resolved

RSS

Elevated Error Rates

Jul 18 10:26 AM PDT Between 9:37 AM and 10:13 AM PDT, we experienced elevated error rates for request serviced by the CloudFront Origin Shield and Regional Edge Cache in the US-EAST-1 region. The issue has been resolved and service is operating normally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2023 at 6:22 PM, Maximus said:

Are we able to move our posts? I don't see how to do it, but if it's possible that'd be nice.

Moderators can move posts. Just tag me in the post you want moved and say where you would like it relocated to. I’m happy to help. 

• Thanks 2

On 8/9/2023 at 9:06 AM, Janoš Bećar Pecaroš said:

I think it would be very useful at times to know the location of a poster. For example, if somebody is talking about tap water quality or shipping something. Maybe just under the avatar include city and state. What do moderators think about this?

I'm not a moderator, but I like the idea.  Maybe it could be visible when we hover on a member's icon?

I would also suggest we have the opportunity to enter that information in our user profile.  That way if someone didn't want it displayed he or she could just choose not to enter it.

image.png.16be46b4708870e00dfd420e40b45448.png