On 9/2/2023 at 10:59 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Which is better to raise the fry: Infusoria or Sera Micron? 

If you have good infusoria, you may put a full cup of it in the morning to the fry tank, which will keep them busy and fed the whole day, and just feed micron at the evening for the extra vitamin bump

• Like 2

On 9/20/2023 at 12:19 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Just found one underneath the false bottom. 
This hobby is pretty frustrating sometimes. 

At least it was only a half-hearted attmept; I’ve got a bag of peat at the ready, so I might try with my glowlight tetras.

Have a nice day Nerms! 

Don't lose heart. Tetras are tricky to breed, but you can do it. YOU GOT THIS.

How is your tub doing?

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2023 at 2:22 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

@TheSwissAquarist since you are working so hard on schoolwork, I thought you’d appreciate some school-related humor.

That’s golden! 
I have suspicions that my LFS only sells male neons and zebra danios. I can’t spot any visible females in the neon tetra school, and the zebras seem to be 5M : 1F. Kinda sucks.😑
However my Palaeatus Cory regime seems to be working! I’ve got about 10ish fry (it’s the farthest I’ve got them yet) IMG_3708.jpeg.9b3a939919e526c835eceb87b6e821c0.jpeg

Introducing Comet the female betta to my fave plakat went surprisingly well. He’s currently bubble nesting, and she’s chasing after him 😂. He stops to display, and then she avoids a collision at the last possible moment. It’s more fun than aggressive. IMG_3706.jpeg.abed455871cfd31a5446f46205333d7d.jpeg

• Like 3

On 9/24/2023 at 10:55 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

However my Palaeatus Cory regime seems to be working! I’ve got about 10ish fry (it’s the farthest I’ve got them yet) 

So close. Maybe another week and they'll be fully formed. They look good! If you can add a little moss to their box for them to graze off. (May already be there)

• Thanks 1