Finally got the 15 set up for the Laetacara curviceps. They went from slightly nervous in the 10 to bold and exploring in the 15. 
They hunt Shrimp mercilessly. Ignore the noise  filming this I realized the peace lily grew so out of control most of the water was coming out of the overflow 😝 I moved it to a planter  

The Laetacara dorsigera are completely different. They don’t even chase shrimp. The feed area is always covered in shrimp. They wait until the shrimp move to snag a granule. I’ve even seen them nose shrimp out of the way to get to their granules. 

redid the old Apisto tank I had to replace due to leaking.  It’s set up for a very special adoption next week.A74C484B-7FB2-4BC4-B1C2-382189CCF6FD.jpeg.020b9f0217962a39705c96e0dd83e14c.jpeg2813D333-6756-4B87-8512-C58E173710F6.jpeg.f78a17868bcc9cd210ca793bfbf7eabb.jpeg7218247C-D38C-43EC-A052-15FD03398E23.jpeg.e8771d534209630f34f83689ab69ff9f.jpeg

The frogs are getting moved to a 20 long so I can keep a few of my babies. That requires dismantling the twin 10g’s and the 5g shrimp tank to set up the stand and 20L. That’s next weeks project. 🤣

setting up tanks makes me feel young and alive. Tearing down tanks to set the new ones up reminds my body I am not 🤣🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 9/14/2023 at 4:56 PM, Guppysnail said:

The feed area is always covered in shrimp. They wait until the shrimp move to snag a granule. I’ve even seen them nose shrimp out of the way to get to their granules. 

That's awesome. I need to retry Riddick in the shrimp tank. It lets me break down a tank and clear a wall of space in the room. Last time she was in there, the shrimp didn't eat and it was so hard to feed her.

(Riddick is my half blind corydoras)

• Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 5:22 PM, Atitagain said:

Tanks look great, are you only using soil for certain species? I remember you rarely had soil or gravel in your tanks. 

I switched most tanks to Carib sea jungle river sand only and removed the UGFs . I love it.  First sand I found I can vacuum and it’s to heavy to Jack up my filters 🥳

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 7:28 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

It will not work with UGFs? I thought it was kinda sand but kinda gravel (?)

It is but it’s small. I think it would fall through. I’m tired of messing with the ugf. All my kids are sand diggers I’m pretty sure it would work through 

• Like 2

On 9/20/2023 at 1:45 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

I’m surprised the frogs aren’t eating the shrimp… yet 😜

They try. They try oh so hard to nab shrimp tails. They just can’t most of the time. Their mouths are too small for anything but very young shrimp. So I’m sure they get some babies but that’s it. 

I know it’s time to thin out the shrimp in their tank when to many shrimp are frog surfing 🤣

• Haha 1

My very special adoption arrived safe and sound today. @TeeJay did an amazing job packing them. 

Reintroducing George Tammy and Crystal the Apisto borellii Opal trio. 

Crystal is on the right. George put his foot down immediately and got between them and chased Crystal back to her side. George and Crystal are doing some heavy duty flirting. 🥰 They have been in the tank about 2 hours now. 

64410911-D8CA-4F20-BB19-128F4A4898FE.jpeg

29F70E3E-B49A-4B70-92B6-6077E721F90D.jpeg

• Love 2

On 9/20/2023 at 1:32 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Wow! Is this the secret project you were talking about? They’ll be breeding by tomorrow. 😂

Yes this was my special secret project. They are amazing in person. The video and photos do not do them justice. In person under his blue it’s purple. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1