I put this as a topic so everyone to see since it’s an unusual fish to breed. 
My Badis badis spawned and I saw cave wigglers a few times but was not intentionally breeding them so though dad ate them all. 
Found a handful of juveniles in the tank today 😲

recording here so it stays with my stuff. 

8FA555E5-CE54-42DD-BBAA-C2580BA27A0A.jpeg

77DBB270-C485-47C1-B5C1-01BB9FDF49DB.jpeg

B00B8A23-E373-44F6-9A89-341283B94ECC.jpeg

• Love 5

On 6/30/2023 at 11:11 AM, Guppysnail said:

Melini corydora eggs ready to hatch. You can see the eyes. 

ORD.  Congratulations though!  It's either "another batch" for some hobbyists or it's the most amazing thing you get to see over and over.  I really enjoy seeing nature do it's thing. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/1/2023 at 6:32 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

That’s wonderful @Guppysnail! Now put your feet up and relax and enjoy the holiday!

Today I’m will. Tomorrow I have 2 fish rooms the fish utility bathroom and dining room that looks like it was ransacked by a heard of angry badgers to clean up  🤣

• Haha 2

Meet my new kids. 1 Dario sp. ‘Mayanmar’ Black Tiger Badis. ADBCBE84-ECBF-43C1-950E-B7D018E09B44.jpeg.27d5aab9dfc9002275c36256efa8af1e.jpeg

and 2 Sewellia lineolata hillstream loaches. 
BDD58CCE-5D05-42FA-96B4-6C9E8708AF51.jpeg.d80b91d2c174849cb341c29d71fa7500.jpeg

Picked up 5 random plants also  

No shopping time.  I’m going to work on finding my new Badis some mates and I’ll be tearing apart and redoing 7 tanks to get everyone in permanent tanks…AFTER I put both ransacked fish rooms back in order 🤣

I came home and found 6 small Apisto kids and 2 big that hid well enough I missed them so need to work on homes for those also  

• Like 3
  • Love 4

I redid the 29 Honey gourami/ Badis badis tank. The Xmas moss did not adhere to the wood. I have moss resistant wood apparently. 
The tree was making it so I could not see enough. The badis fry are easily 3-4 months old and I did not see them until last week. 

I added more if the multi-tiered caves the badis like to inhabit to accommodate the new kids. 

Without the tree to keep it corralled the guppy grass was unruly and unsightly. I swapped it for hornwort. Well as much as I could. Guppy grass is like submerged duckweed when it comes to trying to remove it. 

My monstera roots are already hitting substrate. I stuffed Xmas moss in them so they hopefully don’t become algae farms. 

My dracaena was failing so I pulled that out of the hob. 

Looks odd because I just did it an hour ago. It will settle and grow out. The badis prefer to wiggle through plants and moss so I allowed most of the left over Xmas moss to just float and find its own home. 

E80CF712-7F7E-4111-B300-E1771EBBB39E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 7/4/2023 at 4:28 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I go round and round it with green thread. Then I just superglue the loose end of the thread to the wood. 

281AF6A5-DD41-439C-8101-960DEF7077A4.jpeg

C760A704-65E0-4291-8715-6275CC737D60.jpeg

ABCAE2B9-6400-4B82-BE3F-06CB0E250EFE.jpeg

I do not expect any human to actually read the full 100+ pages of my journal. I’ve tried the string and glue several times. I had about 7 tries of different methods on this tree. Once the wood dried I realized why nothing worked. The wood is so deteriorated it peels in layers. Other wood it sticks fine just this stubborn piece. 
I actually had dried out old manzanita that must have still had spores or something on it from Java moss. It lived in a drawer for 6-8 months. I threw it in a new tank that never had moss and the moss re-grew on the manzanita from the spores. 
It’s ok though because the badis are bottom dwelling so the trunk obscured view along with to dark from the branches. 
The badis really prefer the caves. When I took the trunk out I saw my girl between the sponge filter and its base trying to use it as a cave. So this set up is much better for both them and me. 

• Like 2

On 7/5/2023 at 12:06 AM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

Not enough tiny terrorists commentary! All seriousness great job with your sales and moving your fishroom along to your liking! 

ATM I am still mad at the tiny terrorists. 
I netted well over 150 Aspidora babies from 3 tanks and 70+ Apisto to take to the swap I placed them in a throw together 20 gallon tote tank so I could fast them for a day before bagging. 
Of course shrimp got netted. I had to net the babies to a small bowl a few at a time and sort Shrimp fish shrimp fish shrimp fish. It more than doubled the time it should have taken to bag. 
Everyone at the swap got quite a laugh because most of my bags had shrimp in anyway since they cling to the net. 
Some folks were searching bags to determine what color shrimp they wanted to go with the fish. 🤪

I had placed my snails I was keeping in a small 5g I pulled out of the closet so I did not accidentally bag any of those at 4am.  When I went to tear it down a few days after the swap of course 20+ shrimplettes had hitched a ride on the sponge filter.  So now I have to tend an extra tank until the shrimplettes are big enough to net  🙄

• Haha 4