On 3/14/2023 at 10:37 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Texas pond snail!  OMG I love it 😍

@Odd Duck more pond snails that aren't pond snails.  Or something.. LOL

Anyway look at his little "wings"!  Or flappy ears.  IDK!  But ORD!

I don't care what you call it I want one 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 3/14/2023 at 4:32 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

29g, there are 8 snails and 18 fish. Oh and the 2 nerites. But I double up on filtration and do weekly wc 

i saw your reaction, and i meant that question seriously, because im considering getting a 2nd one for a breeding project.

i think ill be good, i do weekly %25WCs and have a tidal 35 full of media, and a ACO medium sponge filter.

On 3/14/2023 at 4:33 PM, Theplatymaster said:

i saw your reaction, and i meant that question seriously, because im considering getting a 2nd one for a breeding project.

i think ill be good, i do weekly %25WCs and have a tidal 35 full of media, and a ACO medium sponge filter.

What size is the tank? @nabokovfan87 is good at answering filtration capacity/stocking questions.

Also I do the deep substrate method, so the sand acts as a filter as well. 2” deep and the top part houses aerobic bacteria, the bottom anerobic bacteria. It’s on top of grungy gravel which is great for the plant roots to reach down into and spread out.

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea

On 3/14/2023 at 4:40 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I wouldn’t fret about 2 snails. Esp since you have plants and 2 filters.

me neither, i didnt think it would be a problem,

i usually forget to dose ferts anway...😄

part of me just feels better having someone else's approval (somebody that knows what they are doing) before i go do controversial things..

On 3/14/2023 at 4:40 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Esp since you have plants and 2 filters.

this is true in this case, but take a African cichlid tank, put 2whisper10 internal filters in it, and a peice of duckweed, you have 2 filters and plants...

Edited by Theplatymaster
  • Haha 1

On 3/15/2023 at 10:13 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Idk, when I see the molts I usually take them out. But I thought I saw them eating a small molt yesterday so I left it there.

It is only adviced to remove them if you are dealing with shrimp diseases, where the molt keeps carrying the parasite.

Otherwise, you may leave them! Easy food source

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1