I would get a shrimp complete food which has a balanced combination of veggie and protein content. That seems like the best option. I feed them from time to time, but mystery snails eat it faster than shrimp 😄

too much protein is not good for shrimp from what I've heard from some local shrimp breeders here. Those types of food generally have a good balance

On 3/9/2023 at 2:51 PM, Lennie said:

I would get a shrimp complete food which has a balanced combination of veggie and protein content. That seems like the best option. I feed them from time to time, but mystery snails eat it faster than shrimp 😄

too much protein is not good for shrimp from what I've heard from some local shrimp breeders here. Those types of food generally have a good balance

I rotate foods throughout the week. Everybody gets a variety.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 11:15 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I rotate foods throughout the week. Everybody gets a variety.

Same. I never feed shrimp intentionally really. They get whatever everyone gets in the  community tanks

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 6:36 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

She doing ok? Any change or improvement?

She seems to be ok. I can only see the white band if I use a flashlight on her. Otherwise she looks like a healthy active shrimp. Her shell is very dark, almost black? But I think it’s navy. I’m not sure if it is so dark because her shell is thick. I don’t have enough experience with shrimp to be intuitive about the state of her shell.

On 3/9/2023 at 5:41 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Her shell is very dark, almost black? But I think it’s navy. I’m not sure if it is so dark because her shell is thick. I don’t have enough experience with shrimp to be intuitive about the state of her shell.

Hopefully that means she will molt soon. That's pretty common and a good idea of what to look for "when it's time" for them to do so. Usually they will and then shortly after Molting be berried.

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2023 at 8:46 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Hopefully that means she will molt soon. That's pretty common and a good idea of what to look for "when it's time" for them to do so. Usually they will and then shortly after Molting be berried.

Well, there’s no gentleman shrimp in there for her to tango with, so no eggs will be formed. I’d like for her to molt and then I can check her color again and perhaps return her to the shrimp community if she’s blue.

• Like 1

I found this.... Might be a bit of hope.

Both these bloody Marys look to have the white ring, they seem fine. I can't say what happened to them, but it might be a genetic trait where the shells crack or they grow quicker than they can molt or something.  I don't know, can't say, and don't want to guess how common that is in Neo tanks, but it's pretty prevalent in this one and this video is one of the "top shrimp keepers" on YouTube.  I put that in quotes because I don't know, just one of the bigger channels.

Screenshot_20230309-220215_1.png

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2023 at 5:06 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I would but the pizzas don’t fit in my tank

just blend it up and put it in a snello.

maybe this is the way to breed nerites in pure freshwater?

or get rid of some snails, and keep the others?

but in all seriousness, those pictures are making me hungry.

Edited by Theplatymaster
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 2:51 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Mmm, anchovies. 🤤 

Na, there are no anchovies. I don’t like hot anchovies, but cold ones are alright every so often. The fancy restaurants serve them on the plate with the Caesar salad. Caesar dressing is made w/anchovies.

On 3/10/2023 at 1:14 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

these bloody Marys

You should see @Lennie’s red shrimp, @nabokovfan87. They are so bright!

• Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 2:05 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

Yeah. His water is crazy crazy funky. Idk how those shrimp do it.

Odd Duck also has some very nice ones!

I cleaned my prefilter sponge today during tank maintenance. But I aint sending it to you.

I love how the dirty one disturbs you :3 it has to live in your imagination.

Also those shrimps are in 50cube… I have orange sakuras in 29g…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1