I haven't seen the 2 culled shrimp in about 2 days, but the tank does have quite a few plants and it's hard to tell, especially since they are such little guys. Hopefully they are doing ok.  

The sword was all mopey today, and throwing a tantrum despite the root tab it got last week.  So I gave it 2 more today. @TeeJay you mentioned heavily feeding your sword. How much/how often have you been giving it root tabs?

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 12:54 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I haven't seen the 2 culled shrimp in about 2 days, but the tank does have quite a few plants and it's hard to tell, especially since they are such little guys. Hopefully they are doing ok.  

The sword was all mopey today, and throwing a tantrum despite the root tab it got last week.  So I gave it 2 more today. @TeeJay you mentioned heavily feeding your sword. How much/how often have you been giving it root tabs?

My sword has been dying back a bit. It has a fair amount of new growth in my tank water now. So it's bouncing back some. But also I'm pretty sure lemony and Luna like to munch in it some. But anyways I usually give it 3-4 tabs a month. The bigger it gets the more it eats. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2023 at 8:33 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

@A3M0N have your snails been eating lately? Have you found a food they like yet?

Yeah! After she laid the egg clutch she started moving around a lot more and eating. She still seems to enjoy algae wafers more than the snello I made, but she has been eating both. Thanks for asking! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Bit of food prep for the Super Bowl party today. Looked at the shrimp tank. Piles of mulm. Best get it halfway decent for the guests. Thankfully, got a new 2g bucket, a white one this time. This one should last. 
477A7710-187F-41DB-883F-716B8CC3C940.jpeg.c247657f626c63e1c5ae8eafd4b0252b.jpeg

Gave the sponge filter a rinsing too in the old tank water. Headed outside. As I was about to dump the water out onto my new crepe myrtles (hard to see but they are bare root, dormant trees just getting a start - zoom in, you will see leaves.)

132812D6-04C8-435C-85C2-54EDC17133FD.jpeg.d8c2ed5a279c459da10ff52cc5982c2a.jpeg

9F38BD62-EBC1-41D2-9470-0DA02483BEE1.jpeg.3337e22a6fdad758e17039aabe6661d8.jpeg

I notice…. a shrimplet!  So soon? Hasn’t been the 20-30 days yet for hatching. It’s been maybe about 14-15 days. But yeah! So back into the house I went. Flashlight is dead. 😑 Popped the batteries into the charging station for next time. Phone flashlight it is then, for inspecting the mulm bucket. Not ideal, but it works.

Shrimplet safely returned to tank. 🥳 Wasn’t obvious in the bucket, but I saw the blue color when he was under tank lighting.

Back outside to take advantage of daylight. One turkey baster at a time from bucket into white cup for observation. During this process, found second shrimplet in the bucket! (he/she didn’t get bastered because I saw him swimming). Safely returned to tank. So two confirmed.

Most likely more are in the tank. Mama is still packin, but has about half of the eggs she had previously. (ORD)

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Love 1