Daniel

I could see that working with some inverts but it sounds really complicated once it gets into fish. This documentary is making me wonder what I could find about fish on CuriosityStream. I've used that site for other purposes before but it never occurred to use it for fish stuff.

Are they any plans for introducing Daphnia into the pond at your new house? It seems like in really large bodies of water the populations are much more stable, and can possibly even resist some fish predation (as long as there aren't too many fish).

I tuned in a little late because I was playing WoW. I feel like maybe this is accepted here? 

Why are my multies so... boring? Am I doing something wrong or am I just not a Shelly person? It seems like “going into shell” is the one interesting trait they exhibit for me. Meanwhile I love my kribs, angels, guppies, gouramis, etc. 

This may not be a well rounded question but it’s one that’s puzzling me. 

Edited by RovingGinger

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

I wonder what is the key to a low maintenance aquarium, something that you could walk away from for a month and when you can back everything would be okay?

The tank that needs the least maintenance is my 120 Discus tank. My wife and I had to go out of town last summer for the better part of 6 weeks. So that meant no water changes and feeding once a day at best. While all my tanks survived the 120 came through with flying colors. I attribute it to the fact it’s a large established planted tank .

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

What is the best way to prepare for a power outage in the winter time?

What is the secret to growing Vallisneria?

Mention the question is from the Forum as it will drive people to the Forum

I live in rural ND so power outages in the winter during a blizzard can last multiple days.  Luckily I have a wood pellet stove to keep me warm but it's not great for whole home heating.
I picked up a cheap "tailgating" generator from Harbor Freight, I believe it was under $150, to run my heater and a small air pump with an air stone for water movement.  I use a space blanket to wrap the tank to help keep the temperature in.  I keep AmQuel on hand for those moments as well and test, test, test.

• Administrators

Unlikely we'll do stuff on tiktok. It's hard to be on many platforms and youtube will take over tiktok, they are already beta testing the features just like tiktok in India that'll go world wide. 

Thanksk to all who showed up and sorry I didn't get to all the question. Got a little hectic there 😉