Daniel

@Cory I know you’re struggling to find your meme presentation style, so I thought I’d throw out some ideas. I really like the thought of doing just a few memes once in a while instead of a lot at once—I think that makes sense. And using a meme for the video thumbnail is also great! 

One thought I had is that maybe meme streams (or meme moments) should be something you do with a guest. That way you have someone to react with. Funny things are funnier with other people. I’ve heard psychologists point out that we generally don’t laugh if we’re alone, even when we find something funny. And you’re not really with people when you’re streaming, even though we all feel like we’re with you! So streaming memes with a guest would probably be more fun for you.

The other thought is that I *do* think you should read the memes, because (1) I really like the voices you do when reading other people’s comments—I think of it as Cory’s nerm voice—and (2) it gives people time to read and look at the meme while you read. Otherwise you have to sit and wait in awkward silence, or you end up scrolling too fast for people to see.

If you just don’t like doing meme streams, that’s also totally understandable. I nominate Robert and Jimmy to do them instead. 😁

It may also be something that’s just too hard to do live, but would work well as a brief segment at the end of a video like the segments where you answer a question from the comments.

Just some ideas! No need to use them if they’re not your jam.

Edited by Hobbit
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cory talkin' bout drinks... One time in China I was having lunch with a supplier and one of my colleagues was suffering from allergies. The supplier noticed and said he'd get him something to help.

"Hot ginger coke. It's good for man. Make you hot hot hot." And every time he said "hot" he'd pound both fists on his chest. 

Five minutes later, out comes a giant porcelain "punch bowl" with probably 3L of hot, steaming brown liquid. They sautéed fresh ginger in a big pot and then boiled Coke in it which de-carbonates it.  

If you feel adventurous, give it a shot. It's good.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, James Black said:

Who do you guys think the new community manager is?

Also this will be my first live stream being a member #snail status. Super siked!

id take a wild guess on Daniel. one thing i know for sure is, it is not me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lefty o said:

id take a wild guess on Daniel. one thing i know for sure is, it is not me.

hmm... I dont think its a forum member (how awesome would that be if it was!) because i think he mentioned it was a youtuber. Originally i was thinking Zenzo, but he hasn't been talking about a move or anything on his youtube channel. But maybe he'll be like Candi and work out of state. (of course candi has now moved)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, James Black said:

Originally i was thinking Zenzo

Me too. I checked his LinkedIn and it states that he is a member engagement consultant for Aquarium Co-Op. Is that the same as community manager?

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

New member here following the live stream! Been watching the YouTube channels for a few weeks now but only recently discovered the forum!

Anything else I'm missing? i.e. is there a discord or Reddit or anything?

I know there is the YouTube membership I can join (still deciding, unfortunately due to work commitments I'm usually catching up on the live streams after the fact rather than watching live so not sure if I'd get the most out of it).

Anything else I can join? Did I hear about a club or something? 

• Like 2

@KentFishFanUK Welcome to the forum. We had another forum member ask a simillar question, hopefully you can find the answer to your question here:

To be apart of the online club you need to be a member of the youtube channel. You get access to various fish related talks by experts in their field. A new talk will be released via live stream every third saturday of the month for members only. I beleive they willl be availble for rewatch too. 

Our first speaker is on July 17th. You can find the list of scehduled speakers here:

https://www.aquariumcoop.com/pages/events

Edited by James Black
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1