Share Your Cory Catfish Pictures

On 1/10/2021 at 4:08 PM, CorydorasEthan said:

Hello everybody,

As you could probably tell, Corydoras are my favorite fish. Post your pictures of your cory cats here along with the species name if possible.

Here I have my albino and green cories (C. aeneus), both adult and baby peppered cories (C. paleatus), and pygmy cories (C. pygmaeus.). 

20201227_212735.jpg.071f0cdffe33c844670189e8ddb4a553.jpg

20201216_204851.jpg.6abe201e5cc5afa4c3d792100e187f5a.jpg

20201228_144450.jpg.c4d6d41c91dc4b88507050b3fa7ee495.jpg

Thanks!

Off topic but can you tell me the name of that substrate(like on the bag)?

Also I have 3 green emerald cories and one bronze(I thought they were the same).

7 minutes ago, Penny said:

They're either Sterbai or Julii.. I think Julli because there was a fat one. Theyce all been doing the mating type behaviour  though. It's super exciting. I've only had them 2 weeks today

do your julii corys look like this?

IMG-6359 (1).jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Off topic but can you tell me the name of that substrate(like on the bag)?

Also I have 3 green emerald cories and one bronze(I thought they were the same).

Yeah it's pool filter sand. I forgot the exact brand, but I remember getting it at Lowes. It works just fine for cories as long as you wash it really well (if not washed well enough, it will cloud up water a lot, very hard to clean).

Good luck with your emerald greens! I've always wanted to keep them, but they are too big for my setups. I would recommend getting a couple more bronze just so he has company.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CorydorasEthan said:

Yeah it's pool filter sand. I forgot the exact brand, but I remember getting it at Lowes.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, CorydorasEthan said:

Good luck with your emerald greens! I've always wanted to keep them, but they are too big for my setups. I would recommend getting a couple more bronze just so he has company.

Yeah i've thought about it but my tank is only 10 gal and I don't want to over crowd the tank. But the bronze is fitting in pretty well and has even tried to breed multiple times with the female emeralds(with no success).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Thanks!

Yeah i've thought about it but my tank is only 10 gal and I don't want to over crowd the tank. But the bronze is fitting in pretty well and has even tried to breed multiple times with the female emeralds(with no success).

Yes I have the same problem I thought that a venezuelan cory was a bronze cory so I only bought one, only to find that it failed multiple times trying to breed with my albinos. In the future, the emerald greens will need a larger tank (40 breeder, no less than a 29), but for now they will be fine. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Kalita said:

I have 6 of these little dudes

March 18 2021 - corydoras 2.jpg

March 18 2021 - corydoras.jpg

What species are they? I at first assumed that they were peppered cories (Corydoras paleatus), but then looked closer at the first picture and saw that one has a much longer snout. Also, they seem to have slightly different patternings. Thanks.

16 minutes ago, CorydorasEthan said:

What species are they? I at first assumed that they were peppered cories (Corydoras paleatus), but then looked closer at the first picture and saw that one has a much longer snout. Also, they seem to have slightly different patternings. Thanks.

They were sold as Peppered cories

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

More habrosus Cory love! I have a dozen in a 40b community tank also with endlers. (don't worry I watch the betta closely and he just mean mugs them but doesn’t do anything more -- he just photobombed the shot). 
they don’t all school together, but instead hang in smallish groups of 2-4 or solo. 

0C11D3D1-A354-474A-AFA7-3F5156C70B26.jpeg

C51F6D97-71FB-4722-9C6E-CAAB389F3AB5.jpeg

BCC66E3A-FAC8-4B1A-A486-3D0838C87775.jpeg

Edited by SWilson
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

On 1/17/2021 at 11:17 PM, Steph’s Fish and Plants said:

My habrosus are on eco complete and I’ve noticed no issues so far. Cory collected corydoras in the wild and showcased they were among a very sharp substrate at the time. I don’t remember the exact video but i think it’s one of the Peru collection videos from 2019 in the Aquarium CoOp channel. 

I have sterbai on both sand and eco complete. I used to think eco complete was just fine but now that i have seen both sets up close i can tell that eco complete does wear down the barbel (and i presume most larger gravels). The barbels are still there but it is a 'relative thing' the ones on sand have longer more distinguish barbels. Both sets have been in their respective tanks for over 20 months.

---

In terms of cory i really like pygmaeus over hastatus and habrosus because of their schooling behavior.  It is always neat for them to decide to move out  as a group and swim to mid level and well go where no cory has gone before. 

-

I only have 3 types of cory orange laser, sterbai and pygmy.

Edited by anewbie
  • Like 1

Here are pictures of 5 pygmy corydoras in my betta tank.

IMG_0054.jpg.cc045836b03a5b1086a21b28b2cf7d26.jpg
Don't ask me why that is upside down. I really don't know.

IMG_0055.jpg.30f5ddd418a80f58711810edf594fa2c.jpg
Don't ask me why that pic is upside down too. My phone is just being weird I guess.

IMG_0046.jpg.ff73157ef9790567df1af83812683a27.jpg
Finally! An upright photo! This is a corycat who apparently decided to sleep on top of the magnetic cleaner, making me not clean the glass.

IMG_0064.jpg.9bcce422530831dfb289633545273505.jpg
This is when I went to Aquarium Co-op again to get two more corydoras when I had three. Aurora, my betta, has decided to photobomb this photo.

• Like 4