What did you get done today?

Cory

Thanks for the warning. 🙂  But it's a heavy duty one, popular in my country a generation or two ago for making welcome drinks in for fancy parties. 

"Pond scum, Sir?"

• Like 1

On 6/26/2024 at 1:31 AM, daggaz said:

Did you give him the chair??

Clean Toilet Bowl With Drain Hole Top View Toilet Brush And Trash Can On  Black Tiles Stock Photo - Download Image Now - iStock

Lmao! 

No, but at 1 point I did consider having to remove everyone from the tank except for him & giving it the clorox treatment!!! 

After capture he joined his previously evicted male comrades in an 180g cichlid tank. 

Edited by JoeQ
  • Like 2

My 110L with all of my shrimps was getting a bit nasty and needed a good shrubbing and thorough cleaning,  which is currently still in maintance mode,   however  I decided to give my shrimp buddies a whole new home and put together a dedicated nano tank for them, they've been living in there for a week or two now and the tank is really coming to life.

They really love the dwarf lettuce and hang around in the roots and share the tank with a couple pygmy corys

IMG20240628090801.jpg

• Like 6

I introduced a big glass of green water / infusoria that was absolutely ALIVE. I'm pretty sure half of you would faint.  Can't wait to get home again and upload pics to my journal. 

PS the tank looks great! 

I redid my big brandy glass infusoria tank, because it was just dark and dank and full of too many worms for my taste.  Biggest mistake was I was in a hurry so I tried to use a deep gravel bed instead of a sand cap (has soil in the bottom), and it just flooded the water with tannins.  So I drained it all out into my overflow bucket on the balcony (full of life), scraped out the red worms that were building casings on the sides, dredged the bottom of most of the gravel, and added a nice sand cap after rinsing everything off.   Then I repopulated it with my other smaller jar, which has just TONS of critters that my fish love.    The big jar once had a sizable population of amphipods, but they seem to all have disappeared.  Alas, they were hard to find.  There is one big one that crawled back up out of the sand, so I am hoping it's pregnant or that there are more of them in there.  I really want to keep my scuds going.

Then I found these nice glass jars at a big bedding and house stuff store, for ten bucks a pop.  So I thought I would build something a little prettier.  One of the jars, as an experiment, I gave a little squirt from the life-jar, just to see how the two would develop compared to one another.  

20240706_200201.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2024 at 4:24 PM, Fishtake said:

@Whitecloud09 Tank looks great but is that stand even? looks like there is like half an inch difference in water height left to right

Yes that is what I noticed as well, when I transferred them from another table so I could use that table for another fish tank. It is, about a half inch difference of a little more, the stand is stable tho…

I'm getting multis next month! Yesterday was a full teardown on this 55 gallon and this morning I reassembled everything. The polishing pad worked overtime to get the water looking good. There's still some algae on the pre-filter sponge and river rock but I have several weeks to remove that, add shells, stabilize the tank with the help of our friends the snails, and find some more cool rocks outside before the fish come. I also started some bush beans to put in the aquaponic floats.

PXL_20240728_161906292.jpg?ex=66a843c1&is=66a6f241&hm=59566d0c6f5adc765d001863254dadffe3c4b9434bd538c7955dc4552ed7a434&

• Love 1

Finished prep for unplanned trip tonight.  10-20% water changes and a filter cleaning all around, 

...and flooded the family room when one of the buckets exceeded its service life .🌊🚣‍♂️

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

On 8/7/2024 at 2:22 PM, Tanked said:

Finished prep for unplanned trip tonight.  10-20% water changes and a filter cleaning all around, 

...and flooded the family room when one of the buckets exceeded its service life .🌊🚣‍♂️

Sorry about your flood.  At least you didn’t do it because you forgot to pay close enough attention while you were busy with your arm in the tank!  That’s the reason for my worst flood.  I did have an older 10 G spring a slow leak recently.  🤦🏻‍♀️ It was overdue for replacing anyway.  It has no mechanical filter, only air driven UGF and a couple sponge filters, plus it was overdue for a refresher and luckily had no fish.  So it got siphoned down as low as possible and it’s getting replaced today with the replacement I already had on hand for this exact reason.  Now I just need to get the other older tanks replaced and the other ton of stuff I need to do to make my fish room happen.  😆 😝 🤷🏻‍♀️ Someday.

Hope your urgent, short notice trip wasn’t for anything bad.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2024 at 10:41 PM, mountaintoppufferkeeper said:

I had success with my puffer egg collector and documented the process. This is the result of one spotted congo spawning ....now in a coop container hung inside a 20 gallon fry tank

20240803_162942_1.gif.379b2418cca636036ef539f72f704c09.gif

20240803_185010_1.gif.0a59714f117353568aab7c06676a3da7.gif

Did you document your egg collector anywhere in the forum?  I’m looking at building one and getting others folks ideas to find one that fits my needs. 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2024 at 11:09 AM, Guppysnail said:

Did you document your egg collector anywhere in the forum?  I’m looking at building one and getting others folks ideas to find one that fits my needs. 

I have not yet but will as soon as the design is out of testing. Still working through some improvements on it with the 3d printing options. the general idea is to collect an area of scattered eggs and concentrate them into a collection point to allow for easier removal and observation. 

In all my egg collection ideas I have found that the puffer cam really helps me out becausrle it does motion detection recording and lets me know when they have spawned 

Edited by mountaintoppufferkeeper
  • Like 1