Care Packages for C.A.R.E. Forum Members!

Lizzie Block

On 11/16/2022 at 1:29 PM, Aiden Carter said:

I’m fairly certain it is the same coin as the one you can buy, looks nice! @Coryis it possible to make a care package specific coin?

He mentioned in a live stream that it’s not exactly cost-effective to make some for a small amount of people (in his case people with a 3-4 year YouTube membership).

Sorry to Pooh-Pooh it all!

• Sad 1

I had to catch up with this thread. Been a minute. Congratulations to everyone! It's so nice to see the reactions from the recipients. Thank you for sharing. @Torrey your video was awesome. I love your helper! My dogs think every package we get is for them. They help unbox everything. 🤣

Looking forward to the new year with all of these wonderful people and watching the nerm family grow! Cheers!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2022 at 9:51 AM, Anjum said:

Nice haul! S&G repashy might be the next one I try. 

It's good for a lot of uses. I've been looking into it. Coloration, growth, fry food, etc. As well as spawning. It seems like a nice one to always have around. 🙂

On 11/10/2022 at 12:08 PM, Aiden Carter said:

how does one win/enter/is eligible? also congrats to the winners 

Just based on forum participation and being helpful I believe.

Congratulations if I haven't said it already to all the winners. It's a journey to get the boxes there this year, but awesome members here getting some things which is always fantastic!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 9:38 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Of course. Mine hasn’t arrived yet, but I’m guessing it’ll arrive on the 24th 😂

On 12/29/2022 at 1:54 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

My care package has arrived! 

Looks like Père Noël arrived a few days late

• Like 1

Sorry to say the unboxing video had to be scrapped as my cameraman is most poorly at the moment and the coughing and sneezing just caused to much wobble.

Here is my haul and I'm super pleased with how well my wish list was met. As I can't buy from the coop my list was nearly bottomless but the chance to get decent prefilter sponges could not be missed there really is no thing close to those available elsewhere.

I now have over a years worth of test strips which is awesome will be keeping those sealed for now though.

The second I saw @TheSwissAquarist socks I kicked myself for not listing them but the warehouse elf that put this together for me is obviously  psychic because yay I got some and the vital towel.

The beany is the perfect hat to keep in a pocket for sudden weather changes or proving my fish credentials when flashing an ankle would be inappropriate.

I have my first sponge filter so I get to start with the best and just in time to set up a hospital tank.

And finally how happy I am to have the little ceramic sign. I'm always jealous when I see that pop up in someone elses tank and finally I have one. The coin is pretty cool, collecting is going to be a challenge but every life needs a little challenge every now and then.

So here they are all box fresh I hope to add photos of their deployment shortlyIMG20221231145523.jpg.38362b9faa5bbca41e9fcfae619610df.jpg

The unboxing was witnessed byIMG20221231145710.jpg.6de9d1876e5f190eaf74e4fc4eec868a.jpg

As said it's tank cleaning day so they should have a better view  when the jobs have been done. 

Edited by Flumpweesel
Grammar
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Love 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 1/21/2023 at 3:43 PM, Theplatymaster said:

@Lizzie Block are there any specific requirements to win a package, or do you just have to be helpful on this forum?

Just be active on the forum and generally helpful. I randomly choose forum members based on how engaged they are, meaningful posts or replies, etc. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This has been one of my favorite threads to read, because not only do you get to see some super excited nerms, but also get to see a taste of all their aquariums and fishkeeping personality as well. Seeing how other ACO fans use their new equipment and toys also provides great ideas to myself and many others I’m sure! Congrats to all the previous winners and thank you for sharing your haul! And most of all, thanks to Aquarium Co-op for hosting this amazing forum and for giving out care packages to some well deserving nerms!

• Like 2