@GoofyGarra you did have a point with the entire color changing with age stuff. It seems that zebra danios first develop their iridescence before they get their gold colors underneath. 
I’ve reset the spawning tank by draining it completely and letting it sit for a day to kill off anything that may get at the eggs. 
There’s some peat in the mini HOB to condition the water. Which species should I try? Glowlight or Black phantom tetras???

IMG_4126.jpeg.0e82f9f006eb5815aacc3b8a30b33129.jpeg

Fish enjoying the Halloween pumpkin 🎃 

IMG_4129.jpeg

• Love 1

On 11/2/2023 at 11:50 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

First snow! 🎿 ⛷️ 

IMG_4169.jpeg

IMG_4168.jpeg

That's so picturesque

Do you think it will stick around or will it melt off in a few days?

That seems like an early snow but here in Washington State we tend to only get like three days of snow a year

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 3:25 PM, Schuyler said:

That's so picturesque

Do you think it will stick around or will it melt off in a few days?

That seems like an early snow but here in Washington State we tend to only get like three days of snow a year

It usually melts after a week - but we’ve got another inch or so due for Saturday. The glacier I occasionally ski on nearby got a much-needed foot and a half last night. 
Three days of snow must suck. No free RO water! 

IMG_4173.jpeg

• Like 2

On 11/7/2023 at 9:17 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Leaving them in a small tote for a couple of days at room temp (21 ish Celsius) as a pair they usually spawn pretty quickly. The tricks getting the eggs out fast enough. 

So in the aquarium setting the biggest issue with not getting any babies is not removing the eggs fast enough (or in my case at all)