First berried shrimp ever. 🎉🎉🎉

A25BFCE3-CF89-4134-A267-A601B1E6DE2D.jpeg

P.S. I’ve been looking at Neon tetra spawning, and I think I might give it a shot. Peat moss + 5 adults + infusoria = stocking for my aged 63 g and money for a fishroom. 

P.P.S. I landed a weekend job with Gstaad Curling Club. 🤣

Edited by TheSwissAquarist
Edit to add 🥌
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

On 8/24/2023 at 9:07 AM, itsfoxtail said:

That looks so cool! I've never seen any different colored val. Does it still look like this? It would give a super dreamy look to a tank if there were a bunch of it.

It seems to stay small for some reason. 🤷‍♂️

Schools been sooo time-consuming. 3hrs worth of train there and back….ideal for homework but not for fish! Either way the tanks are looking nice. 🙂 

Dead proud with my Endlers. 

4C9EAF3A-B2C3-4CA2-872D-DF401A504098.jpeg

F2231327-2111-46E5-A4D7-1FD370731178.jpeg

8A02475B-E60B-4898-B186-DF98BB919558.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 4

On 9/2/2023 at 3:59 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Which is better to raise the fry: Infusoria or Sera Micron? 

Sera Micron is the real MVP. 😂

On 9/2/2023 at 4:29 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

3-4x a day is a problem, because school is from 6:30 to 17:30 (travel included)… i might try building my own auto feeder. Does anyone have any experience? 

It's possible to rig up a normal auto feeder with fry food but kind of a pain. Cory talked about putting tape over the outlet to limit the amount of food that comes out and while I was on vacation once I went ahead and tried it for fry foods. If you cover almost all of it with packing tape (duct tape is too sticky and ends up blocking up and Scotch tape ends up just falling off with any humidity at all) it works for a few days! Anything longer than that it gets all clogged and nasty with an opening so small so I'd recommend replacing the tape maybe every day or every other day!

• Like 1