@Guppysnail bless you heart  and hugs i know letting go of little ones is not easy but you are the best ..loving them enough to better them even if it breaks you heart i had to that with 2 of my past puppies and it is not easy hopefully you can keep tabs on them to see how thry are doing 

you have some beautiful  babies can not wait to see them grow 

Trying to catch uo the forum while traveling to see  my brother 

• Like 1

i had to revisit this thread I am in love with this breed ,,,  they are on my wish list for sure  love the little cat fish lines ,,,  in my tank babies, eggs or the ill does not fair well ..  my pandas lay eggs but they get ate before hatching as soon as they are laid they get ate 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 4:22 PM, Bev C said:

i had to revisit this thread I am in love with this breed ,,,  they are on my wish list for sure  love the little cat fish lines ,,,  in my tank babies, eggs or the ill does not fair well ..  my pandas lay eggs but they get ate before hatching as soon as they are laid they get ate 

I’ll start pulling all the Aspidora eggs. Unfortunately I have only 1 boy and 5 girls. That means most eggs are infertile but that sure is one happy boy. 🤣 once I get enough and weather warms up I’ll send some your way. 🤗

On 1/30/2023 at 5:29 PM, Bev C said:

Guppysnail  i am no hurry and the spring would be better  to  send i  wonder of the temperature  though of these. i keep all my tanks at 78 i am thinking it would be about the same temperature as the  cories 

They should be fine at 78. They prefer cooler from what the web says. Mine are at 76 and the sun in the summer jumps temp to 78. I would not worry. By the time they lay eggs,  I hatch enough out of the few that are fertile and raise them to a size to ship it will probably be late spring. 🤗

Most of my panda babies start out with very short tiny tails. I blame this on shrimp and fish since I caught a Scarlet badis and a CPD nipping the tails of fry.  This little one showed up in one of my psnda tanks today. He has an overly long tail. Cute little bug. 🥰

Froggin giving me morning smiles B28DE47F-78FF-469F-9784-2EFA8EEEB64E.jpeg.fa9449b137ff8124532d385dfea7e7e3.jpeg

• Love 5

On 1/31/2023 at 9:57 AM, Guppysnail said:

Most of my panda babies start out with very short tiny tails. I blame this on shrimp and fish since I caught a Scarlet badis and a CPD nipping the tails of fry.  This little one showed up in one of my psnda tanks today. He has an overly long tail. Cute little bug. 🥰

Froggin giving me morning smiles B28DE47F-78FF-469F-9784-2EFA8EEEB64E.jpeg.fa9449b137ff8124532d385dfea7e7e3.jpeg

No that's a look of "what do you want,leave me alone. I just wanna be a bump on a log" or the look of being sketchy. 😆

• Haha 3

@Guppysnail the panda is adorable  🥰 i only have 5 bigger cories left 3 panda  and 2 Juli very old and sassy ,, and plus  my school of 18  pygmy’s cories   12 in my main tank and the 6 babies in the shrimp tank

let’s say i have more snails and shrimp then fish  in my 3 tanks  and 1 temporarily nursery at moment  but i do have one tank that only has  plants & no fish  I have room to expand 😂😂

i am trying to change my main  tank to a bottom dwellers  tank eventually I am not trying to get any new fish unless they  are bottom dwellers or catfish line  i love the cories  and bristolnose allot always had them in my tanks for 16 years  I wished  i could have more then one pelco i do not think Barney would be happy sharing his space 

your baby frog is adorable he is king of fish 🐠 room

I have been wanting to try live worms  the baby brine shrimp looks more harder to do I might  try making my own white worm culture getting tired of buying frozen  blood worms and travel  2 hours to get them    all my cories and 2 tetra love the worms  even Barney bristolnose ate a few

i was watching a video at the hospital yesterday on white Grindal worms  it does not look hard   to start a culture may i ask what kind of white worms  you  use ,, i also saw you did Sea Monkeys  too I might be interested in that to what kind of sea monkeys  . ? which is easier to do the sea monkeys or worms ?

i see ebay sells allot of worm culture to get you started 

• Like 2

On 2/1/2023 at 1:08 PM, Bev C said:

@Guppysnail the panda is adorable  🥰 i only have 5 bigger cories left 3 panda  and 2 Juli very old and sassy ,, and plus  my school of 18  pygmy’s cories   12 in my main tank and the 6 babies in the shrimp tank

let’s say i have more snails and shrimp then fish  in my 3 tanks  and 1 temporarily nursery at moment  but i do have one tank that only has  plants & no fish  I have room to expand 😂😂

i am trying to change my main  tank to a bottom dwellers  tank eventually I am not trying to get any new fish unless they  are bottom dwellers or catfish line  i love the cories  and bristolnose allot always had them in my tanks for 16 years  I wished  i could have more then one pelco i do not think Barney would be happy sharing his space 

your baby frog is adorable he is king of fish 🐠 room

I have been wanting to try live worms  the baby brine shrimp looks more harder to do I might  try making my own white worm culture getting tired of buying frozen  blood worms and travel  2 hours to get them    all my cories and 2 tetra love the worms  even Barney bristolnose ate a few

i was watching a video at the hospital yesterday on white Grindal worms  it does not look hard   to start a culture may i ask what kind of white worms  you  use ,, i also saw you did Sea Monkeys  too I might be interested in that to what kind of sea monkeys  . ? which is easier to do the sea monkeys or worms ?

i see ebay sells allot of worm culture to get you started 

Sea monkeys are brine shrimp. We used to raise them as insta-pets as kids and they were called sea monkeys. I’m still a kid at heart (wish my body would understand that philosophy 🤣)

grindal worms and white worms are very easy. I have a source for starter grindal worm kits when you are ready. 
The method I found most productive for white worms is this one. I can send you small a starter of those or you can purchase a nice starter from carbon dragon on eBay which is where I got mine. Their starters can be harvested shortly after setup. I don’t have the extreme thriving colonies yet and over harvest so mine would take a month or two to establish. 
Since I have been feeding these worms I rarely use frozen bloodworms. My kids are spoiled now and do not get excited or even eat all the bloodworms. 

• Like 1

Those anchor cats are 🔥!

Do you think providing the panda baby’s with some pvc pipes or other cover. Pups help with their tails and reduce nipping? 

Ive not found another live food besides brine and scuds so far that I can easily culture. My wife has been very down on worms since my last black worm culture disaster.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 2:33 AM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

Those anchor cats are 🔥!

Do you think providing the panda baby’s with some pvc pipes or other cover. Pups help with their tails and reduce nipping? 

Ive not found another live food besides brine and scuds so far that I can easily culture. My wife has been very down on worms since my last black worm culture disaster.

I relocated the other fish so they are by themselves. They have hides and cover. The problem was Scarlet badis and CPD and shrimp are tiny enough to get into every nook and cranny while hunting. 

The white worms and grindal worms are a whole different ball game than blackworms. 
It’s so crazy easy I can’t believe I did not do it years ago. Set up the dirt, add food and done. no refrigerator or real work involved. I have zero patience for doing the work involved In blackworms.  
Feeding the white worms nutritional yeast, whole wheat bread and yogurt provides quality gut loading also. The grindal worms I use fish food. 
Even my CPDs rush to my fingers to nab white worms. They used to not really know I existed. It’s really fun. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

GRB are a adorable they cute thanks for the video   the white worm do look easy   i have been watching  video they say to make two containers in case one crashes I might have to refrigerate during the summer  i do have one empty crisper open .. i use plain yogurt and wheat bread allot will have to get some  yeast flakes 

here is the two videos i watched one is with dirt the other they use no dirt 

Dirt 

No Dirt 

Edited by Bev C
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2023 at 4:46 AM, Bev C said:

GRB are a adorable they cute thanks for the video   the white worm do look easy   i have been watching  video they say to make two containers in case one crashes I might have to refrigerate during the summer  i do have one empty crisper open .. i use plain yogurt and wheat bread allot will have to get some  yeast flakes 

here is the two videos i watched one is with dirt the other they use no dirt 

Dirt 

No Dirt 

I had no luck with the no dirt method. The white worms need it really moist-wet. The scrubbies did not stay wet enough. It did work for grindal worms though as they need less moisture. I tried 3-4 methods the only one that worked well for me was the 10+ year method. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 5:47 AM, Guppysnail said:

I had no luck with the no dirt method. The white worms need it really moist-wet. The scrubbies did not stay wet enough. It did work for grindal worms though as they need less moisture. I tried 3-4 methods the only one that worked well for me was the 10+ year method. 

I’ve tried the scrubbies method twice now with no luck.  I couldn’t keep the scrubbies moist enough, either.  Coir fiber works well for me but bake it before you use to keep out mites as much as possible.

Edited by Odd Duck
Fix autocorrection typo. 🙄
  • Love 1