What attracted you to the forum?

I had been watching aquarium videos after deciding to make another attempt at a planted tank.  One of the ACO videos suggested that I could contact them with questions, and Candi ultimately suggested that I come to the forum for more information.

• Like 2

I just Googled aquarium forums and it was like one of the first results when I looked it up, and I have been a member here for about a year and a half now. Even though I hardly am active due to a busy schedule, I still make time occasionally to log on and see what is happening on this amazing Forum.

• Like 3

I had started watching lots of Aquarium related videos on YouTube, and reading blog posts, in an effort to figure out what to do about my ailing 10G & ultimately how to do better with a larger tank. ACO's content was always solid & informative while still being easy to understand for a novice. I was consuming their content for a while before I figured out they're local, bonus! 

I joined the forum when I needed some answers specific to my situation. I haven't been a part of any forums in many years, but I used to be very active on a dog forum. I found this forum to be a refreshing change to the dumpster fire that is social media & am enjoying the sense of community again ☺️

• Like 4

Found the you tube channel during lockdown (can't remember what I was actually looking for ) the live streams were ideal for background noise while I'm working from home.

It all encouraged me to refocus on my tank that I'd been in two minds to get rid off after the loss of my pet goldfish.

• Like 2

I heard about it on the podcast. The main attraction was that it was new. Most hobby forums are pretty great when they're new and they really get going. Usually though in a few years they kinda settle down. Many just kinda die or become really slow and sleepy. Moderation gets lax and people stop being nice, that kinda thing. Mind you this doesn't ALWAYS happen, but its pretty common. Hopefully this place stays lively forever.

• Like 1

Definitely the vids and Cory being so straightforward and honest. No BS. Saw the forum when I was putting an order in and posted an issue. Community has been really great, even though some of my questions feel really idiotic at time. Which is often since I have kids running around driving me crazy. My tanks are my therapy. 

• Like 2

After following Cory's videos for I don't even remember how long.... last year when the Co-op decided to limit chat during the livestreams to members ... followed by the announcement that Gianne was going to be presenting on bettas, I bit the bullet and figured out how to pay for the YouTube membership.

Very next Livestream, Candi Overhuls posted the link to the Forum, and I've been here ever since!

stayed because of the culture Cory, Candi, Streetwise, Irene, Hutch and everyone has cultivated in here. The knowledge about the water chemistry and biology behind healthy plants from Mmiller and Seattle_Aquarist, medicine from Colu and Odd Duck, comradery from Guppysnail and pretty much everyone....

There's no other forum I have stayed in for longer than 6 months, stayed active, and been happy.

We aren't a forum, we're a Nerm Family🥰 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I have watch ACO and Cory videos for years but i will admit I have not seen all of the videos unfortunately but when I started with plants I knew I wanted buy from AOC  because Cory has always gave the best advice and most of all he cares for the hobby and his fans & customers   ,

I went to the shop and bought my first plants I emailed Candi with questions she told me of the forum and i joined ,,, I know I ask some stupid questions here and everyone is nice and gives me the best advice & I really appreciate it  . I love learning from everyone . also   I love & learn allot from the  forum’  members journals The forum is like a small fish family that you can come and talk about the hobby and I love that there is no drama  

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I knew of the forum for a while before I ever joined. I had a specific question / issue and that ultimately was why I made the account and started posting. There's a lot of great info you can find without ever needing an account!

I asked for some help, got some, and the reason I enjoy this forum over others is because the focus and rules dictate that people treat one another with respect, focus on helping, mentoring, and not putting down one another for any mistakes they do make!

• Like 4

I joined just to support ACO, Cory had been promoting it starting up and I signed up. When I had time or interest I would read a bit but didn’t make my first post for almost a year. Then as a therapy assignment to communicate with strangers more I decided to start posting. I am so glad I did, I’ve made some amazing connections, been inspired, and learned so much. 

When I wasn’t working for awhile I posted a lot. Now my situation has changed and I’m back to work full time. So it makes it hard to stay up with everything and post very much.

This forum is now intertwined with my hobby!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 5/26/2022 at 5:00 AM, Atitagain said:

I decided to start posting. I am so glad I did, I’ve made some amazing connections, been inspired, and learned so much. 

I’m glad you did.  You inspire me and I learn from you. I’m also happy to call you a friend 🤗

• Love 2