What was the last movie you watched?

FishPlanet

On 10/31/2021 at 10:04 AM, Guppysnail said:

I remember 42 and think it’s crazy how I thought I had the world figured out at 18-25-35-42. 😉I’m convinced in another 10 years I’ll look back at right now and think the same thing again. 🤣 

Looking from 50+, I can vouch for this. And I got married at 42 😅

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 9:49 AM, Manny said:

@PineSong This looks interesting, thoughts? 

I'm no film critic, so take what I say with a grain of salt. It was a bit odd. Suspenseful, distressing at points. It kept my attention, for sure. The opening sequence is... I dunno, either very much a commentary on the arts scene or a gimmick for shock value? You watch it and tell me!

My adult kid recommended it to me and I recommended it to my mom and we're all united in saying we will never drive through Texas but that's just a joke because we actually live in a much scarier state, lol.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 2:33 PM, Gator said:

I have all of the Clint Eastwood movies and "The Outlaw Josey Wales" and "Unforgiven" are great, but I think that my favorite Clint Eastwood movie has to be "Gran Torino" though I haven't seen "The Mule" yet.

It's a tossup between two of Kevin Costner's movies as my overall favorites, "Dances With Wolves" and "Field of Dreams."

"Dances With Wolves" needs no explanation, and though my father didn't play baseball or watch baseball on TV and I personally don't care who wins the AL pennant, the NL pennant, or the World Series. I do like to watch the Little League World Series in August because those kids aren't playing for multi-million dollar contracts or for multi-million dollar product endorsements, they're playing because they like the game, and that's refreshing. Maybe the Major League players can take the hint.

Lately I've been binge watching "The Twilight Zone," and right now I'm up to Season 5, Episode 8, but after Season 3, "The Twilight Zone" pretty much went downhill.

I think everyone's choices for movies are all great.   

im a long time eastwood fan, the mule really was a blahhh movie. some okay spots in it, but dont go out of your way to see it kind of movie.

• Like 1

@Jennifer V Goodfellas is a classic. I’ve seen the Sopranos and absolutely loved it. I saw the Many Saints the minute it was released and I didn’t like it. In my opinion, it had too many unnecessary aspects to it that had nothing to do with the Sopranos. It’s gotten terrible reviews and since then, David Chase has said that it will have a follow up, but it will be a series. It’s very difficult to follow up on a classic series with a 2 hour movie. It left me wanting more, hence why I thought the unnecessary parts shouldn’t of been released with the film. Just my opinion though.

We are planning on watching The Godfather 1&2 again for the 147th time. It’s probably my favorite of all time.

• Love 1

On 10/31/2021 at 5:25 PM, Manny said:

@Jennifer V Goodfellas is a classic. I’ve seen the Sopranos and absolutely loved it. I saw the Many Saints the minute it was released and I didn’t like it. In my opinion, it had too many unnecessary aspects to it that had nothing to do with the Sopranos. It’s gotten terrible reviews and since then, David Chase has said that it will have a follow up, but it will be a series. It’s very difficult to follow up on a classic series with a 2 hour movie. It left me wanting more, hence why I thought the unnecessary parts shouldn’t of been released with the film. Just my opinion though.

We are planning on watching The Godfather 1&2 again for the 147th time. It’s probably my favorite of all time.

Oh definitely left me wanting more! I think that's why I liked it. When it was over, I was like wait a second, there is more to this story than that. I'm a sucker for quite a few mob movies and also have Godfather 1 & 2 on my immediate watch list. Forget 3! I grew up south of Chicago where the mob community was very active so I always feel a pull toward those movies. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Jennifer V You and I have a bit in common. I grew up in Little Italy in the Bronx. I was raised by immigrant Italians. The movie A Bronx Tale was about the exact street I grew up on. I was basically raised around a ton of gangsters. If you’ve seen A Bronx Tale, the character Eddie Mush (the bad luck guy) wasn’t a character. He was a guy from the neighborhood and he really had terrible luck. He was a degenerate gambler that when anyone found out that he was betting on any given sports team, everyone else bet the opposite, just like the movie. I can go on and on. 

• Love 1

On 11/1/2021 at 7:20 PM, Flumpweesel said:

I worked in a record shop and we used to have Heavy Metal playing on loop on the store TV. 

Watched two films on Sunday so it was Muppets from Space and Ghostbusters. 

Makes sense, the soundtrack on that movie was a real banger. 

• Like 2

On 11/1/2021 at 8:20 PM, Flumpweesel said:

I worked in a record shop and we used to have Heavy Metal playing on loop on the store TV. 

Watched two films on Sunday so it was Muppets from Space and Ghostbusters. 

Record shop haven’t heard that term in a long time, muppets from space and ghostbusters. LOL you are basically telling everyone your age. 40+ for sure ?

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Last weekend, I watched M*A*S*H.  We were on Okinawa when it first came out and my parents wouldn't let me see it.  I've enjoyed it a few times since then.

I told my 5-year-old grandson I'd watch Ice Age so we can discuss it this weekend, so I may put that on this evening while I work on Christmas gifts.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 11:43 PM, GameCzar said:

Did you enjoy it?  Its on my list.

Yes I did, more than I'd expected (cause of my suspicion of these reboots in general). More of a family film than the original but it made me jump and made me laugh and didn't make me check my watch . Can't say to much just incase I spoil it.

• Like 2