What was the last movie you watched?

FishPlanet

Porky's 

Got bored one night and decided to go through all of the movie listings looking for a something that might be interesting that I haven't seen 3 times.  I haven't seen Porky's since it was released.  I did not know that there was a Porky's II, III or IV.  It was one of those movies that poked fun at everyone and could not be made today.

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2021 at 9:56 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

@Flumpweesel @GameCzar If you haven't already and you are truly a Bruce Campbell fan, one MUST watch:

Bubba Ho-Tep

download.jpeg-1.jpg

Heck yeah I love this flick!  ❤️ 

On 11/24/2021 at 8:57 AM, Tanked said:

Porky's 

Got bored one night and decided to go through all of the movie listings looking for a something that might be interesting that I haven't seen 3 times.  I haven't seen Porky's since it was released.  I did not know that there was a Porky's II, III or IV.  It was one of those movies that poked fun at everyone and could not be made today.

My wife had never seen Porky's so we watched it fairly recently.   Beyond being funny, it tackled some tough issues like class divisions, racism, etc.    There was a lot going on in that flick, and it still managed to be funny as can be.

On 11/24/2021 at 11:25 AM, GameCzar said:

Heck yeah I love this flick!  ❤️ 

My wife had never seen Porky's so we watched it fairly recently.   Beyond being funny, it tackled some tough issues like class divisions, racism, etc.    There was a lot going on in that flick, and it still managed to be funny as can be.

Could not agree more.  It was probably one of those movies that was actually fun to make.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 10:38 AM, sudofish said:

Planes trains and automobiles. I watch it every year around this time. Then for Christmas I like It's a wonderful life. I also rewatched The Conversation with Gene Hackman the other day. Looking forward to the new Matrix movie.

We watch this every year, and every year I get choked up.   I miss John Candy. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On Sunday, I watched White Christmas immediately followed by Mamma Mia.  I need light, happy movies when I'm sitting and crocheting, and I needed to do a lot of crocheting.  I was able to finish an afghan.

On Christmas, it'll be The Christmas Story and Hidden Figures.  I'll be cooking for a couple of older friends and then they want to watch movies.

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

@sudofish, I had low expectations about the new Matrix, but I read a lot about where it was coming from, and that the Matrix video games were part of the lore, explaining the new version of an iconic character. I thought it was a nice way to reimagine the franchise and soften some of the rough edges of movies 2 and 3. I thought that it was better than I expected, and I was satisfied. I watched it twice, and it was a better way to leave the franchise than the previous film.

On the other hand, after watching Dune on HBO Max, I had no problem paying $30 to watch it again and again. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2021 at 11:38 AM, sudofish said:

Planes trains and automobiles. 

My favorite funny movie, so good.

My offspring got to choose the last movie we watched: Central Intelligence, starring Kevin Hart and The Rock. Ummmm. It was not as bad as I expected, while still being terrible in many ways. I survived! I used to have a job that involved watching Adam Sandler movies and MTV "Jersey Shore" and "Teen Mom" in a constant rotation all weekend, so I may in fact be too broken to react.