What was the last movie you watched?

FishPlanet

Last night I watched Eraserhead from 1977. David Lynch's first movie. With the recent Dune talk I started looking at his other works. I didn't really understand Eraserhead but I don't think it's really meant to be understood completely. I love dystopian settings in movies though so I enjoyed it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

"Spooky, Spooky"   (1988) 

249356301_10159896119156457_1628858833351375315_n.jpg

On 10/28/2021 at 12:03 PM, sudofish said:

Last night I watched Eraserhead from 1977. David Lynch's first movie. With the recent Dune talk I started looking at his other works. I didn't really understand Eraserhead but I don't think it's really meant to be understood completely. I love dystopian settings in movies though so I enjoyed it.

My favorites from Lynch are Wild at Heart, and Blue Velvet. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 10/28/2021 at 11:56 AM, HH Morant said:

Outlaw Josey Wales.

That showed up in my recommended list on Netflix the other day. I'll be watching it again next time I think I can sit still for 2-1/2 hours. It really is a great movie.

• Like 2

@Atitagain Bingo, you are correct. Goes from the base of my armpit to the base of my hip. This was my first tattoo and if that wasn’t a sign of how excessive I was, then the armpit tattoos might be. I’ll be 42 on 11/17, and it’s crazy how we think we’ve got the world figured out at 18. 

@PineSong This looks interesting, thoughts? 

On 10/31/2021 at 9:49 AM, Manny said:

I’ll be 42 on 11/17, and it’s crazy how we think we’ve got the world figured out at 18. 

I remember 42 and think it’s crazy how I thought I had the world figured out at 18-25-35-42. 😉I’m convinced in another 10 years I’ll look back at right now and think the same thing again. 🤣 Time changes my perspective more than anything😁 I didn’t even get my tattoos until my mid 30’s

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@Guppysnail To quote an 85 year old man I know, “you’ll always think you know everything, until you realize you’ll always know nothing.”

My current motto is don’t make insane decisions so that 40 year old Manny hates the 30 year old Manny, and don’t let 50 year old Manny hate the 40 year old Manny, etc. 
I am glad I got tattooed when I did because it has become way too mainstream and trendy for my taste. I haven’t been tattooed in 7 years and have zero plans to do so, I am heavily tattooed already though. With a mortgage, a son and a daughter on the way, fish, and my tarantulas, I couldn’t justify spending money on tattoos when it could go to these other facets of my life. 

• Like 4

On 10/31/2021 at 9:04 AM, Guppysnail said:

I remember 42 and think it’s crazy how I thought I had the world figured out at 18-25-35-42. 😉I’m convinced in another 10 years I’ll look back at right now and think the same thing again.

I've been thinking the same thing for years! The thought first struck me when I was in my mid thirties, remembered an experience I had near 26, and realized, "I thought I was grown! Grown?!

So now I try to respect people who think they're grown - regardless of age - as being "on the path." Whether younger or older than I am, a person who assumes their own maturity is on one of the earlier stepping stones on the path we all take.

Some get farther down that path than others, some live more years than others, and they don't necessarily correlate. 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 12:54 PM, CalmedByFish said:

I've been thinking the same thing for years! The thought first struck me when I was in my mid thirties, remembered an experience I had near 26, and realized, "I thought I was grown! Grown?!

So now I try to respect people who think they're grown - regardless of age - as being "on the path." Whether younger or older than I am, a person who assumes their own maturity is on one of the earlier stepping stones on the path we all take.

Some get farther down that path than others, some live more years than others, and they don't necessarily correlate. 

it does seem, the younger you are, "the more you know". as you actually start getting a few years behind you, you learn you arent as smart as you thought you were.

• Like 2

I have all of the Clint Eastwood movies and "The Outlaw Josey Wales" and "Unforgiven" are great, but I think that my favorite Clint Eastwood movie has to be "Gran Torino" though I haven't seen "The Mule" yet.

It's a tossup between two of Kevin Costner's movies as my overall favorites, "Dances With Wolves" and "Field of Dreams."

"Dances With Wolves" needs no explanation, and though my father didn't play baseball or watch baseball on TV and I personally don't care who wins the AL pennant, the NL pennant, or the World Series. I do like to watch the Little League World Series in August because those kids aren't playing for multi-million dollar contracts or for multi-million dollar product endorsements, they're playing because they like the game, and that's refreshing. Maybe the Major League players can take the hint.

Lately I've been binge watching "The Twilight Zone," and right now I'm up to Season 5, Episode 8, but after Season 3, "The Twilight Zone" pretty much went downhill.

I think everyone's choices for movies are all great.   

• Like 2

On 10/31/2021 at 1:33 PM, Gator said:

Lately I've been binge watching "The Twilight Zone

I need to go find that, when I was a kid we were allowed to stay up late and watch it. The one with the spider down the drain scared the begeebers out of me.

On 10/31/2021 at 12:13 PM, lefty o said:

it does seem, the younger you are, "the more you know". as you actually start getting a few years behind you, you learn you arent as smart as you thought you were.

If my firmly held beliefs (opinions) would quit getting disproved it would help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2