Nano Sponge Filter

Alec

@Alec  I have one in a 2.1 G cube right now, but I haven’t had it in there long enough to give you a really good assessment.  I also have a tiny HOB on there (no such thing as too much filtration (too much flow, yes, filtration, no).  This tank just got set up on June 10th.  It is not having any algae to speak of with an Aqueon light (not the planted tank light for this tiny tank) and the plants seem to settling well.  It’s only got red ramshorn snails for livestock so far, until the plants have fully established, then it will get some dwarf shrimp.

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2021 at 5:24 AM, Guppysnail said:

Yes it works great in 2.5 but it seems mildly large. You won’t be able to completely hide it.

I'm using my tank is a small quarantine tank so hiding it isn't that important. I was just wanting to make sure it would fit okay in there. 

Co-op’s nano.  If you leave to top off, it’s only about 4” tall.  Also attached pics of it in my 2.1 cube (also shows the prefilter sponge on a nano HOB), and in 2 different 6G cubes (both have 10G HOB’s, too).  Last pic it’s hidden completely behind the petrified wood.

image.jpeg.52ea0768f34273fab91b63b770f8de2f.jpeg

066FF470-C601-4F24-8045-BC1F69200945.jpeg

7DB210B1-7624-4DB8-B640-6F1A68B87982.jpeg

6026CE1F-FEFB-4D39-AE37-C8053DE49FE0.jpeg

B8497722-C514-40CA-9BB6-CA581FE13828.jpeg

4F455372-CB30-4EEE-BB15-9A4B59D084AC.jpeg

Edited by Odd Duck
  • Like 1

I have the nano in my 5 gallon but would not use it in something smaller.  Its still pretty big.  If you want a sponge filter, aquatop makes a tiny one, the CAF-10.  Its 3 inches wide by 4 inches tall(including the uplift tube).  There are pebbles in the bottom to help keep the filter weighted.  

Edited by Stephanie I
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 4:31 PM, Alec said:

@Guppysnaildo you have a picture of it in your 2.5? 

It’s not in use it bowfront Aqueon 2.5. I don’t use gravel in quarantine its bare bottom. With the tube it’s about 2. Inches below water line. I threw my last nano away due to meds. I should get another in the mail tomorrow I can take a pic. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2021 at 12:17 AM, Alec said:

Has anyone ever used it in a 2.5? 

I have it in a 2.5 snail overflow (puffer food) tank. It is quite large but it does a great job. I have a Aquatop Aquatic that is REALLY small .. I use it in my 5 G puffer tank as an extra with the sump filter. I chose the ACO nano one for the snails because they are messy little buggers.. and it is keeping it super clean.. (well as clean as a snail tank can be..LOL). I too have the ACO air stone and the USB air pump.. Its VERY quiet. 

• Like 1