Miller's Journal

It's amazing how I set out to accomplish a goal and fail so miserably at it. I was suppose to reduce my plant species, which I did, but by only 4. Sad. And now I'm left with too many red plants. And I committed a sin by using a red plant as a curtain plant!

So I still need to get down to 12 species and I'm currently at 19. The good news is, I was able to create some space in the tank and also really cleaned the substrate. My BBA problem was spreading and I'm pretty sure it was a flow problem and too much organic build up. I will know in a few weeks if this all helped.  I also changed my dosing a bit and will post the numbers now. I've increased PO4 because by weeks end, I'm down to about 2ppm. I'm not sure this is the best course to take and I'm thinking a mid week "boost" dose would be a better solution. Maybe I will drop to 7ppm and do a 1 to 2ppm dose mid week?

I forgot to mention how badly I hate Eco Complete. Absolute garbage.

Miller's 75 Gallon 1.4.22.PNG

Jan 75.jpg

Edited by Mmiller2001
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2022 at 9:56 AM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Ok @Mmiller2001 when you pull that Rotalla after loving it for a minute you can ship it to me 😄

I will!

On 2/14/2022 at 9:55 AM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

Macarandra mini is a stunner! Putting that on my CO2 plant list for sure! The plants all look healthy and I am excited to see your progress. Hang in there and you'll get there. 

Is it set up and running?

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 9:15 AM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Boy when you two redo things you REDOOOOO THINGS 💣💥

I had an extra regulator and a tank laying around. She was jealous so she stole the materials. 

This worked in my favor as I'm trying to reduce the species count in the 75. 😁

• Haha 2

You know my original tank was started with "river pebbles" of some kind from Imagitarium (Petco). I thought maybe I'd made a mistake when I learned more about other substrates but you know, I think its done more good for my tanks and I like the look of it. I think I'd rather go with something smaller next time but similar to what you have- but the bigger stuff is stupid easy to gravel vac. 

• Like 1