Miller's Journal

On 4/20/2024 at 10:54 PM, gjcarew said:

A little early to be throwing in the towel, isn't it?!

Plants are looking healthy, that's half the battle. I think replacing one of the reds with either a bright yellow or orange plant could be nice, like didiplis diandra or ammania pedicellata.

I like that you have lots of different "shapes" in your planting. It really leads the eye around the scape. Can't wait to see it grown in more!

Way early! Just venting my frustration. I think I’m taking the Furcata out. Got my hands on Sesifloria and some 52b and a few others. The only orange I have is Miro and I’ll check out your recommendation. Curious, is Rotala Orange Juice actually orange?

On 4/20/2024 at 10:00 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

Way early! Just venting my frustration. I think I’m taking the Furcata out. Got my hands on Sesifloria and some 52b and a few others. The only orange I have is Miro and I’ll check out your recommendation. Curious, is Rotala Orange Juice actually orange?

Nice! Is that myrio roraima? I think it was cropped out of the photo so I missed it. That's a good orange plant. Golden myrio is great too, and a little less aggressive. 

Sessiflora is a bit of a weed, but 53b is great for dutch tanks. Nice slow, even growth. I've never grown rotala orange juice but I find regular rotundifolia often turns a nice orange.

On 4/20/2024 at 11:20 PM, gjcarew said:

Nice! Is that myrio roraima? I think it was cropped out of the photo so I missed it. That's a good orange plant. Golden myrio is great too, and a little less aggressive. 

Sessiflora is a bit of a weed, but 53b is great for dutch tanks. Nice slow, even growth. I've never grown rotala orange juice but I find regular rotundifolia often turns a nice orange.

It’s in the holding tank. Should I swap it with the Furcata?

• 2 weeks later...