One Minute Video in Your Favorite Tank

3 minutes ago, Jungle Fan said:

I think I finally figured out how to do this with YouTube, not quite a minute, but hey it's my first try and I'm a photographer, not a videographer. Also just found out my Amanos seem to love my Pogostemon erectus just a bit too much, ...nom, nom, nom.

That is awesome! Love that tank. Wow!! What plants all have you got in there??! 

@Fish Folkonce again I'm ORD otherwise I would've clicked like. Here's the list:

Plants:

-Echinodorus Red Flame

-Echinodorus Rubin

-Echinodorus Ozelot Green

-Pogostemon erectus

-Ludwigia repens

-Lobelia cardinalis

-Java Fern (Microsorum pteropus)

-Anubias afzelli

-Anubias nana

-Anubias nana petite

-Cryptocoryne wendtii Green Gecko

-Cryptocoryne willisii

-Cryptocoryne parva

-Bucephalandra wavy green

-Bucephalandra biblis blue

-Bucephalandra Kedagang

-Staurogyne repens

-Christmas moss (Vesicularia montagnei)

Edited by Jungle Fan
  • Like 3

I took the clip with my phone, so I had to hold it sort of at an angle to keep the Kessils from producing too much glare on the glass of the phone. I don't usually do video, I'm much better at stills. I've got 35 Cardinal Tetras, 12 Rummynose Tetras, 6 Bolivian Rams, and 9 Otocinlus, plus Amanos and Blue Vevet shrimp in there, and as you can  see by the white dots on the wood Nerite snails and military helmet snails. The Bolivian Rams and Rummynose Tetras generally like to hang out in the plants and diverse caves in the wood until it is feeding time. Getting pictures of them is like being out on photo safari, you have to stalk them, sit, and be quiet.

PS: the noise in the background is the room air purifier, not the Kessils.

Edited by Jungle Fan
PS
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fish Folk said:

Lots of life in there @Kirsten !! Neat aquarium composition. 

Yeah uhhhhh I think I'm a bit overstocked! Darn endlers. I'm getting some shipping supplies in soon since I've had no luck selling them locally. Worst case scenario I donate a bunch to the pet store to get eaten by crayfish or stuck in with guppies et al.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

Yeah uhhhhh I think I'm a bit overstocked! Darn endlers. I'm getting some shipping supplies in soon since I've had no luck selling them locally. Worst case scenario I donate a bunch to the pet store to get eaten by crayfish or stuck in with guppies et al.

Do you do any outdoor mini ponds? Those Endlers will explode with color in an outdoor mini tub. But of course . . . you'll end up with M  O  R  E  ! ! ! 🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Fish Folk said:

Do you do any outdoor mini ponds? Those Endlers will explode with color in an outdoor mini tub. But of course . . . you'll end up with M  O  R  E  ! ! ! 🤣

LOL I might have to try it just to have somewhere to put them!

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, H.K.Luterman said:

I did a minute of my 29 gal tonight. Occupants are humpback limia, a super red bristlenose (but I don't it ends up on camera), some mystery snails and many pink ramshorn snails.

I love this! Such a great use of two unfairly maligned plants: hornwort and jungle val. I say, if it keeps the fish happy, it keeps me happy. And these fish are so happy! Also don't think I've seen too many limia. Nice to see them in action. Thank you for sharing!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, H.K.Luterman said:

I did a minute of my 29 gal tonight. Occupants are humpback limia, a super red bristlenose (but I don't it ends up on camera), some mystery snails and many pink ramshorn snails.

Thank you! I love this tank. Did you happen to connect with Greg Sage on the Limia? Their dorsals are pretty cool. I like how they chill in the Val. Agreed with @Kirsten that the hornwort and Val are a nice combo. Do you keep this at room temp?

1 minute ago, Fish Folk said:

Thank you! I love this tank. Did you happen to connect with Greg Sage on the Limia? Their dorsals are pretty cool. I like how they chill in the Val. Agreed with @Kirsten that the hornwort and Val are a nice combo. Do you keep this at room temp?

I got the limia from "Dan's Fish." They're not the most colorful fish, but I love the swoop of the male's top line and their stripes. I have a heater/Inkbird in there to keep it around 76F in the winter, in the spring/summer it might creep up to 78-80 if I don't have the AC on.

• Like 1