One Minute Video in Your Favorite Tank

17 minutes ago, Fish Folk said:

That’s an interesting combo! Discus and neocaridina. 

Sometimes I like to break all the rules just to see how hard and fast the rules are. I broke 3 rules here:

• Neocaridina need water in 72°F to 76°F range (The discus tank is at 86°F)
  • Neocaridina need non-softwater water in 6.5 to 7.5 pH range (The discus tank has very soft water at a lowish pH)
  • Discus will eat Neocaridina

It turns out the first 2 rules aren't hard and fast rules as the Neocaridina bred like crazy until the discus grew in size and then rule number 3 kicked in. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I love this thread fish folk! Thanks for creating it!

Here's my favorite, its my 40 gallon community tank with my 2 angels (my favorite fish) as well as some zebra danios, cardinal tetras, upside down catfish, britlenose pleco. 5 Stars for the person who can locate one of the upside down catfish:

• Like 8

I feel like this is my favorite tank at the moment, as it's the one that occupies my thoughts most often. It's a 75 gallon, housing 2 senegal bichirs, one blood parrot and one ctenopoma. It's a work in progress, as I'm trying to fill out the jungle val, and I'd like to add some java fern windelov. I'd also like to add a school of something (maybe grown out congo tetras or denison barbs), but it takes me forever to decide what to add to this tank, as it's current inhabitants are a bit tricky.

• Like 9

75 gallon tank with, Lemon, Blue & Red Columbian, Serpae, Monk, Pristella, and Von Rio Tetras. I've had Lemon Tetras spawn in the tank and a few fry survived, I assume by hiding in the leaf litter. Also a pair of Kribensis and their fry which I'll be having to get out here soon.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, MickS77 said:

75 gallon tank with, Lemon, Blue & Red Columbian, Serpae, Monk, Pristella, and Von Rio Tetras. I've had Lemon Tetras spawn in the tank and a few fry survived, I assume by hiding in the leaf litter. Also a pair of Kribensis and their fry which I'll be having to get out here soon.

Love the tint! Do you order any botanicals from Scott Fellman over at Tannin Aquatics? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheDukeAnumber1 said:

My fav jungle tank. Val, dsag, giant duckweed, water hyacinth, heterandria formosa and an albino molly.

H. Formosa! Smallest fish inNorth America. They come in from the fish farms in Florida when our LFS orders feeder guppies. Always have wanted to try breeding them.

1 hour ago, Koi said:

How in the world are you guys getting such clear shots of the full tank?? I must be the only one using my phone camera, cause I can't see anything doing a full tank view!

Awesome garden! Love those orange guppie strains too. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MickS77 said:

Love the look of this!  Reminds me of some of the River scapes at Shedd Aquarium.  What are those branches that you have there?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, H.K.Luterman said:

I feel like this is my favorite tank at the moment, as it's the one that occupies my thoughts most often. It's a 75 gallon, housing 2 senegal bichirs, one blood parrot and one ctenopoma. It's a work in progress, as I'm trying to fill out the jungle val, and I'd like to add some java fern windelov. I'd also like to add a school of something (maybe grown out congo tetras or denison barbs), but it takes me forever to decide what to add to this tank, as it's current inhabitants are a bit tricky.

Looks great!!  I find myself drawn to some of the oddball fish too.  In fact I just bought two baby Senegal Bichers.  They are in my ten gallon QT tank and are smaller than my pinky.  Are yours Senegal Bichers too?  How old are they?

I am feeding them live black worms and  blood worms to build them up a bit to make sure that they are thriving.  Would you recommend my deworming them pretty soon?  Feel free to pass on any advice.  Thanks for the video.😊

Here is one of my little guys perched on the heater suction cup.

A705E2C1-C051-47C6-B824-996901A93446.jpeg

• Like 3

Just now, Fish Folk said:

Man, that's the most unique fella I've seen in awhile!

I had been considering them for a while but they have been scarce—but was surprised to find them at a chain LFS the other day.  They are the smallest I have ever seen—but are supposed to be hardy.  So I am hoping for the best.

29 minutes ago, Lifeisgood said:

Looks great!!  I find myself drawn to some of the oddball fish too.  In fact I just bought two baby Senegal Bichers.  They are in my ten gallon QT tank and are smaller than my pinky.  Are yours Senegal Bichers too?  How old are they?

I am feeding them live black worms and  blood worms to build them up a bit to make sure that they are thriving.  Would you recommend my deworming them pretty soon?  Feel free to pass on any advice.  Thanks for the video.😊

Here is one of my little guys perched on the heater suction cup.

A705E2C1-C051-47C6-B824-996901A93446.jpeg

Omg I love the babies.  Yup, both of mine are senegals. My big boy, Dragon, I've had a little over three years now and he's a bit over 8 inches in length. Mine are fed frozen tilapia soaked in Vita Chem and Sinking Carnivore Pellets. Deworming wouldn't hurt. 

My other one is a little albino, still unsexed. 

PXL_20210307_150724779.PORTRAIT.jpg.4227b4d153bf7483c2c4ac29ce979046.jpg

If you ever have any questions feel free to PM me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My favorite tank is the 90-gallon that lives in our bedroom; it's the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning; love to watch the light ramp up along with the rainbowfish morning spawn frenzy. All that algae on the back rock wall is BBA. It looks purple when it catches the light, and the clean-up crew keeps it short.

I think this video shows every species, except for the pair of fat old Siamese algae eaters that mostly hide, and the red cherry shrimp that have colonized the dwarf sag and the tree.

Edited by StephenP2003
  • Like 12