Thanks for listening - Betta Passed away

BSR

My family / friends know im into the "fish hobby" but dont really understand all that goes into it. Recently my Betta passed away, He had battled some tumors on his side that i had been treating for the last 6 months. I tried to provide him the best home to be comfortable and his house was on my desk where i saw him every day for a number of years. I just wanted to share with like minded people who have most likely gone through the same thing of loosing a cherished fish / pet. His name was Pixel and he was a really active betta that always greeted me and loved a good black worm. Thanks for listening...attached is a pic

IMG_2414.jpg.9f2b082e9319effb9287e935418347ca.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 12

It looks like he had the perfect betta home. He was a lucky guy that you picked him out! I’m so sorry that he’s gone. Losing a wet pet is so sad. But I’m glad that you both got to enjoy each other for several years. And I’m glad you came here so we could listen. ❤️

• Like 3

My deepest condolences to you. I understand where you are coming from. My wife does not understand my hobby or the happiness and joy it brings. She only sees the dollar sign of what i monetarily spend on the hobby. Although she doesn't understand why this hobby brings me such joy, she does understand that it does make me happy. It may seem silly to others why we get emotional over our wet pets. But the joy we strive so hard to give them is hard fought compared to the joy they seem to bring us with such grace and ease. As i type this a bit bleary eyed from your loss, it dawns on me why i dont understand my wife's fascination with sad movies that makes you cry, and yet worlds apart your story has moved me, and made me teary eyed. Again my deepest condolences, and thank you for sharing your story. 

• Like 4

Only someone who has sat motionless for an eternity, watching and wondering over our guys can understand. my Bettas truly look me in the eye when I am by the tank, and I love it.  Both you and he were blessed to have time together, this is an area filled with people who understand. you came to the right place.

• Like 1

What a beautiful life you gave Pixel... You gave him a beautiful home and lots of good food and love. What more could he have asked for?  Sorry for your loss... It breaks my heart.

Edited by TrishaP
Left a word out...
  • Like 2

You gave your little Betta a beautiful home, and cared for him well. Out of many he was truly blessed to have come to you. It is always hard to lose an animal that responded to us and had its own personality, though some might not understand they do become part of our family of sorts and it is never easy to lose someone you care for. I hope you will consider giving another Betta such a beautiful home.

• Like 2

So sorry for your loss.

It takes a fellow fish nerd to appreciate the love and effort that goes into fish keeping. To any other human, without a love of fish or the hobby, they seem to be just decor or "just a fish", but they are so much more than that. It's great to have a forum like this as an outlet and community. Last year, I lost one of my favorite Corys, an albino named Ponyo. He was the partner to my Green Cory, Sosuke. It broke my heart. So I know exactly what you're going through. Hopefully, your heart heals soon and maybe lessen the blow with a new buddy. 

• Like 1