How to Use the Forum - Tutorials and Guides

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello , 

I am new and don't want to break any rules .

but shouldnt we get involved to stop HR4521 the "Lacey Act Amendments"?

it will impact all aquarium hobbyist and your business . 

shouldn't platforms. Like yours at least make the hobbits aware of what is going on?  This hobby is loved by many people.

this law that os trying to be passed will destroy or seriously damage the aqua tic animals industry and fish keeping. 

just saying 

Al

On 2/11/2022 at 12:15 PM, sealteami8 said:

Hello , 

I am new and don't want to break any rules .

but shouldnt we get involved to stop HR4521 the "Lacey Act Amendments"?

it will impact all aquarium hobbyist and your business . 

shouldn't platforms. Like yours at least make the hobbits aware of what is going on?  This hobby is loved by many people.

this law that os trying to be passed will destroy or seriously damage the aqua tic animals industry and fish keeping. 

just saying 

Al

https://forum.aquariumcoop.com/topic/20429-america-competes-act-hr4521-lacey-act-changes-that-may-affect-us-other-pets-we-keep/

I have the Unread Content page (https://forum.aquariumcoop.com/discover/unread/) bookmarked, and go to it when I want to catch up on the posts.  Most forums with similar pages have an indication of when I've reached the point when I last logged on, or viewed the site.  This one doesn't, or if it does I haven't seen it.

Can we get something similar for this?  And if not, is there a better page for me to be using?

On 2/11/2022 at 7:15 PM, Streetwise said:

@JettsPapa, I use the forum the same way. It shows me threads with unread posts, and when I click a thread, it takes me to the oldest post which I have not read.

B6EEC4BE-4625-4A47-9B90-6F0DB071A133.png.cca65167f06a8dd3efb4cb2dda24d6fc.png

I understand that.  Maybe I didn't explain very well.  I wish there was a way on that page to tell which discussions didn't have new posts since the last time I saw it.

• 10 months later...
On 12/18/2022 at 4:28 PM, evonner said:

How do you start a journal?

Go to the photos, Videos, and Journals Forum, Start a new post with the name of your journal...helpful to have your name in it...you'll see lots of examples on that forum. You just keep adding to your journal whenever you want to. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Could someone post a guide on how to place a tag in your signature that leads to your journal(s)? I have also seen a yellow tag in some people's posts that points to additional threads with the same topic. Can anyone help with this also? Thanks for your help. 

@JJenna

the first step is make sure your link is a link, not a embedded thingy, it should look like this (or whatever links you are trying to use)(this step is unneccsary):

Screenshot_2023-02-21_11-02-20.png.ab62b0aa4ba9b4799319f6b99a40b677.png

you then want to click on this button in the corner:

Screenshot_2023-02-21_11-04-25.png.25ca56e181a0ee503bf47df8604ceb34.png

clicking on this button should bring you here:

Screenshot_2023-02-21_11-05-26.png.b0c4b4b327068d4ea791fffb11320379.png

and then Copy and paste your link into the URL box, and what you want it to say as the link in the text box for example:

Screenshot_2023-02-21_11-06-27.png.c07425fe7d729888eddc766815c2e644.png

then hit insert into post, save the signature and you should be good,

i hope this helps!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm still struggling a little with the forum and have a few questions.  Never being on social media has me behind the times.  Plus, I'm no spring chicken anymore.  I've been reading other's question in this post.  I would like an answer to: 

1) how do I unhide something I accidentally hid.

2) how do I bookmark something I want to come back to regularly for reference.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.  I really want to find stuff easier.  😩

Oh yea, also, is there a "go to top of page" button?  Not that I don't LOVE scrolling but a quick button would be nice.

On 8/6/2023 at 6:36 PM, Flipper said:

I'm still struggling a little with the forum and have a few questions.  Never being on social media has me behind the times.  Plus, I'm no spring chicken anymore.  I've been reading other's question in this post.  I would like an answer to: 

1) how do I unhide something I accidentally hid.

2) how do I bookmark something I want to come back to regularly for reference.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.  I really want to find stuff easier.  😩

Oh yea, also, is there a "go to top of page" button?  Not that I don't LOVE scrolling but a quick button would be nice.

No one is seeing my questions.  I hope it's OK to bring this to someone else's attention.  It would really help me.

@Ken Burke @Odd Duck

On 8/8/2023 at 5:11 PM, Flipper said:

No one is seeing my questions.  I hope it's OK to bring this to someone else's attention.  It would really help me.

@Ken Burke @Odd Duck

You can always tag me. I’ll help. 
1- unhide the same way you hide. or ask me to help. Often if threads are hidden by the poster mods will delete as excess. 

2-unfortunately there is not a bookmark feature. You can scroll down and follow a thread without replying. You can also go to forum home and use the spy glass in the top right corner to search. 

Im not certain if there is a top of page button. 

You will get faster responses by posting in general discussion. Most folks only use this section when seeking answers. 
Hope that helps. 

Hi @Flipper so I can answer a couple of these. 

For the go to top, when you start to scroll you should see a symbol with an arrow head and line above it, hit that while you're scrolling and it will take you to the top of the page. It disappears when you are idle for a few seconds. (unfortunately there is no scroll to bottom!)image000000(440).jpg.8004aafa69ee41c3dc20fc92fc5297e0.jpg

To bookmark a page, probably best to just save it to your browser, when you are on the page you should have a star or bookmark type symbol (looks like a ribbon you'd get as an award in school), if you hit that it should save to your favorites and you click on the same symbol to the side of your browser search and will come up with the list. This is how I save the forum's main page if I close the browser but you can favorite any page. image000000(441).jpg.2257890ad0eb6ddb0e8facd8efa418c7.jpg

NOW as far as on the forum itself saving a specific page isn't something I think you can do (like page 4 of a 15 page journal) however you can of course follow that thread by clicking follow on the main page of the journal. I often find things I need by clicking forum activity and "my activity" and selecting from that menu. 

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2