How to Use the Forum - Tutorials and Guides

@Guppysnail a quick google search says tap the share button at bottom of page then "add bookmark" to create a bookmark in iphone's safari browser. Further: If you save a bookmark to the favorites folder or choose the "add to favorites" option it'll appear in the favorites list when you open a new tab in safari. 

(I essentially just copied the first search result)

I am iphone illiterate however great at GTS :-) 

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/6/2023 at 6:36 PM, Flipper said:

I'm still struggling a little with the forum and have a few questions.  Never being on social media has me behind the times.  Plus, I'm no spring chicken anymore.  I've been reading other's question in this post.  I would like an answer to: 

1) how do I unhide something I accidentally hid.

2) how do I bookmark something I want to come back to regularly for reference.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.  I really want to find stuff easier.  😩

Oh yea, also, is there a "go to top of page" button?  Not that I don't LOVE scrolling but a quick button would be nice.

1.  @Guppysnail’s got you.

2. I don’t know of a way but you can “Follow” a thread by going to the top of any and clicking the (correction, not green.  The Folow tab is above the green tab.  🤦🏻‍♀️) green “Follow” tab which gives you some menu options to choose.  I just choose the standard that pops up for me.

I see a “Go to topic listing” at the bottom left of each page of a thread on the iPad and iPhone.  I surf on Safari but I don’t know if it displays the same for Android users.  This takes me out to the main section I’m in but I don’t know how to just get back to the top of the page besides scrolling back up.  I use the Safari back button sometimes to take me to the same page of topics I was on instead of the front page of the section’s topic list.

I don’t know if any of that helps.  I’m no computer guru, but thought some of this might help a tiny bit.

Edited by Odd Duck
Correction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/20/2020 at 4:32 PM, Lizzie Block said:

This is a post to highlight some of the key functions of the forum and how to use them. If you have any questions about anything, be sure to check here first before posting a topic about it as there will likely be an answer for you here.

Feel free to send me a message anytime (top right corner, mail icon) if you would like to ask a questions specifically. I am up to date with my inbox.

442514591_messagesforum.PNG.0eb2a356f036a186203c79c1b4576e42.PNG

Otherwise, see below for some walk-throughs. You may ask questions on this post as well if it's something that will benefit the forum community. This will be updated, so please ask away if there is anything you are confused about - I'll get it posted here for everyone's reference!

Thanks Miss Lizzie, I have been tring to find the How to for this forum. It was shown when I first signed up but I haven't seen it since. This post of yours should be very helpful.