How to Use the Forum - Tutorials and Guides

Just now, Tanked

How do I publicly reply to a specific post/person within a thread?

Hi @Tanked . I did 2 things here to publically reply to you. I hit the the word "QUOTE" at the bottom of your post. Second I used the @ symbol & typed your name. When your username popped up, I clicked on it.

Hope this is helpful.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, akconklin said:

Hi @Tanked . I did 2 things here to publically reply to you. I hit the the word "QUOTE" at the bottom of your post. Second I used the @ symbol & typed your name. When your username popped up, I clicked on it.

Hope this is helpful.

Hi @akconklin Thank you so much.  The few sites I visit all have "reply to " buttons.  I knew there had to be a way, but did not see that covered anywhere.

CARE is as close to "social" media as I get, so all of the common functions on these sites such as @------- are new to me.  Again Thank you.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tanked said:

Hi @akconklin Thank you so much.  The few sites I visit all have "reply to " buttons.  I knew there had to be a way, but did not see that covered anywhere.

CARE is as close to "social" media as I get, so all of the common functions on these sites such as @------- are new to me.  Again Thank you.

No problem.  This was my first forum too, so I asked LOTS of questions at the beginning. 😊 Glad it helped. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi @Cory & @Lizzie Block!

I was curious to know if it is permissible to use the forum to offer free, hobby-related items.  Since I've moved into planted tanks and natural aquascaping, I have some pretty standard pet store decor I have no need for and wanted to help out other folks in the community (this stuff is expensive!).  I won't be selling the items, though I would be asking for assistance with shipping costs only.  Just wanted to make sure and not violate any rules.  Thanks in advance!

• Administrators
Just now, Martin said:

Hi @Cory & @Lizzie Block!

I was curious to know if it is permissible to use the forum to offer free, hobby-related items.  Since I've moved into planted tanks and natural aquascaping, I have some pretty standard pet store decor I have no need for and wanted to help out other folks in the community (this stuff is expensive!).  I won't be selling the items, though I would be asking for assistance with shipping costs only.  Just wanted to make sure and not violate any rules.  Thanks in advance!

It is not, it's not that we are entirely against it. However it leads to unwanted problems. Those include, harassment, dangerous situations where minors are giving out their addresses. Jealousy, good deeds being punished if something goes wrong. Gateway to "what else do you have" and payments exchanging etc. Its our recommendation that you find an outlet local and we leave these potential problems out of the forum. While the group is smaller, it usually works, as the community grow, so does the potential for abuse/problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
21 minutes ago, Gideyon said:

@Coryor @Lizzie Block, I'm not sure if I changed a setting inadvertently or the forum changed something.  I was going to reference a message in my inbox, and then suddenly it said messages are disabled and disappeared. 

Did I break it, or is it maintenance? 

I'm not sure. I have PMs turned off for me so I don't get bombarded and thus haven't used them.  However I haven't made any changes in days, so it would seem possibly something is broken on your end, or just a weird bug.

4 minutes ago, Cory said:

I'm not sure. I have PMs turned off for me so I don't get bombarded and thus haven't used them.  However I haven't made any changes in days, so it would seem possibly something is broken on your end, or just a weird bug.

You know, I am not sure I know how a regular user could turn that on and off. If that is possible, maybe @Gideyon accidentally did so? Does anyone know how to turn that on and off? In any case, it is working normally for me right now.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Brandy said:

You know, I am not sure I know how a regular user could turn that on and off. If that is possible, maybe @Gideyon accidentally did so? Does anyone know how to turn that on and off? In any case, it is working normally for me right now.

I believe I can only do it at the admin level. I think it's only for an administrator account that can turn it off so they don't get spammed.

24 minutes ago, Gideyon said:

This is what I see through my mobile device.  The mail icon disappeared next to the notification one. 

Screenshot_20210310-135710_Chrome.jpg

Ahhh, I seem to remember there is a problem with the mobile app. I think it shows back up on the desktop.

12 minutes ago, Brandy said:

Ahhh, I seem to remember there is a problem with the mobile app. I think it shows back up on the desktop.

OK... I went into desktop mode on my phone, message icon was missing but this time I had the option to go to a messages link, only for it to tell me it was disabled, and asked me if I want to re-enable. I said ok, and now it's back to normal. 

Back on mobile, I noticed the "disable messenger" option in the inbox.  I must've accidentally pressed it. 

20210310_143657.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Lifeisgood said:

Can anyone help me figure out how to straighten out my profile picture?  I deleted it and tried to load it over but the picture always loads sideways.  I can crop it but I don’t see how to rotate it.

It doesn't look sideways to me

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...