Who loves repashy?

Atitagain

On 9/21/2021 at 1:44 PM, Atitagain said:

Never thought about mixing different repashy could really make some interesting mixes .

And you can add more stuff to it.....lots of great ideas have been shared here from vitamins, minerals, proteins, greens, to flavor enhancers.  I have even taken pelleted food and ground it up and added it.  Your imagination is the limit!

Edited by ARMYVET
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 1:47 PM, ARMYVET said:

And you can add more stuff to it.....lots of great ideas have been shared here from vitamins, minerals, proteins, greens, to flavor enhancers.  I have even taken pelleted food and ground it up and added it.  Your imagination is the limit!

Lol now I wanna go make another batch some morning wood heavy with pellets, stretch it flat let it gel, dice it into 1/4” pieces, freeze, then feed African cichlids and Oscar 

or I can do all the other stuff that I don’t have time to do 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2021 at 2:19 PM, Atitagain said:

Lol now I wanna go make another batch some morning wood heavy with pellets, stretch it flat let it gel, dice it into 1/4” pieces, freeze, then feed African cichlids and Oscar 

or I can do all the other stuff that I don’t have time to do 🤣🤣🤣

Isnt it nice to get morning wood on demand and then be able to spice it up as needed.  Ahhh technology these days😂

Fish Food has come so far in the last 20 years with so many options its a buyers dream come true

• Love 1

On 9/21/2021 at 1:44 PM, Atitagain said:

mixing different repashy

My pleco's would not eat the solient green alone. So I mixed it with the morning wood, and they love it.. BUT..

does freezing it make it last a bit longer and make less of a mess? Is there a better way of dehydrating it beside the 24 hr in an oven directions on the bottle? I also add vitachem to my mix as well. 

On 9/21/2021 at 3:21 PM, Sandra the fish rookie said:

My pleco's would not eat the solient green alone. So I mixed it with the morning wood, and they love it.. BUT..

does freezing it make it last a bit longer and make less of a mess? Is there a better way of dehydrating it beside the 24 hr in an oven directions on the bottle? I also add vitachem to my mix as well. 

I’ve just started using it only my second batch, what I do tho let it gel for a couple hours then take out of cube trays keep separated in freezer bag. The drop in water for couple minutes so it will sink where I want it to or so I can tear it into smaller pieces. Never had a problem with left overs in a couple 8 hours max all is gone

On 9/21/2021 at 3:25 PM, Sandra the fish rookie said:

@ARMYVET That is true.. I make mine a bit thicker.. but once the pleco's get at it.. bye.. LOL 

I have actually gone to taking small rocks or slate pieces and coating them with the repashy so they can eat it without it moving all over the place.  They can hang and graze like they would in the wild.

Reticulated Hillstream Loach: What are their favorite fresh food? |  Hillstream Loach Forum | 199911

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 9/21/2021 at 3:29 PM, Odd Duck said:

Wait, are you actually talking at Aquashella Dallas?  That’s in my neck of the woods!

I missed the one in Orlando where I could have driven to it.  That pissed me off something fierce!

On 9/21/2021 at 3:31 PM, Sandra the fish rookie said:

I saw Cory mention that!! That is a great idea... I could dip them put then in the fridge for a bit to settle, and drop them in! 

Cant say I dreamed that up...I got it from his video as well.   I have used it on pieces of drift wood as well.  

On 9/21/2021 at 9:04 AM, Patrick_G said:

I also realized that the two 3’ long pieces of Puget Sound driftwood in my tank are probably some type of softwood, maybe Cedar. 

That would be my guess... most driftwood in the peninsula appears to have the characteristics of dried up cedar. Beautiful, though!

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 3:29 PM, ARMYVET said:

I have actually gone to taking small rocks or slate pieces and coating them with the repashy so they can eat it without it moving all over the place.  They can hang and graze like they would in the wild.

Reticulated Hillstream Loach: What are their favorite fresh food? |  Hillstream Loach Forum | 199911

That is a really great idea and good reasoning as well. I will not be giving you credit for this one! ✈️ 🦹🏻‍♂️

On 9/21/2021 at 3:29 PM, Odd Duck said:

Wait, are you actually talking at Aquashella Dallas?  That’s in my neck of the woods!

Maybe on a soapbox because I call them betta not betta.

lol no jk to far away for me I’m a Hoosier (Indiana)

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2021 at 4:57 PM, Keeg said:

I dont want to be that guy, but repashy is a little overrated 😐. At least for me, tried it with the guppies/ pleco and they didnt seem to care for it that much. They like shrimp and algae wafers tho😂

I got the morning wood type, I’ve only used it twice and especially my bristlenose absolutely love it. Gonna try different verities one at a time to see which if any others work out. And I really like I can make a big batch and freeze it to use over a couple weeks. Or I can make a small batch and feed it all in one feast.

which type did you use the community blend? Or have you used different types?