Who loves repashy?

Atitagain

On 9/21/2021 at 3:00 PM, Atitagain said:

I got the morning wood type, I’ve only used it twice and especially my bristlenose absolutely love it. Gonna try different verities one at a time to see which if any others work out. And I really like I can make a big batch and freeze it to use over a couple weeks. Or I can make a small batch and feed it all in one feast.

which type did you use the community blend? Or have you used different types?

I believed I used the soilent green one. I dont know if its because I got them used to brine shrimp, algae, etc. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 4:57 PM, Keeg said:

I dont want to be that guy, but repashy is a little overrated 😐. At least for me, tried it with the guppies/ pleco and they didnt seem to care for it that much. They like shrimp and algae wafers tho😂

THERE IS ALWAYS ONE!!! 😂🤣😂

• Haha 4

I love Repashy for my goldfish but the rest of my fish the results have been more mixed.    I used to feed Repashy because  the livebearers wouldn't out compete the corydoras for the food but they have since decided it is delicious and now there is nothing I can throw in the tanks that they will not swarm and keep the corydoras from eating;  I'm back to feeding very heavily to make sure some food makes it to the bottom again.  I'm thinking about hiding some under the Amazon Sword where the cories hide out to see if they will actually get a crack at it before the devouring horde descend.   

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 9:37 PM, Kathy F said:

I love Repashy for my goldfish but the rest of my fish the results have been more mixed.    I used to feed Repashy because  the livebearers wouldn't out compete the corydoras for the food but they have since decided it is delicious and now there is nothing I can throw in the tanks that they will not swarm and keep the corydoras from eating;  I'm back to feeding very heavily to make sure some food makes it to the bottom again.  I'm thinking about hiding some under the Amazon Sword where the cories hide out to see if they will actually get a crack at it before the devouring horde descend.   

My guppies do the same to my pandas. I feed heavy like sprinkle quite a few hikari wafers repashy etc across the front near the glass more than double what I would actually feed them the spgravel vac just the front each morning so it doesn’t get yucky. Takes out maybe half gallon of water but my pandas have full bellies.  I don’t always feed the guppies in that tank so they are not overeating 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@ARMYVET I've definitely had some species go for one "flavor" vs another. Panda Loach really go nuts for super green, scleromystax prefer the igapo explorer ( to this point in time nothing else will eat that version) most everything else goes crazy for grub pie for me and community plus has had mostly positive fishroom reviews up here. If you have any left I'd consider adding vitachem to the the powder before the water and mixing well. That has converted a few non repashy eaters for me. 

On 9/21/2021 at 8:11 PM, Atitagain said:

Yea I didn’t know you could mix them up till this thread. The grub pie is the next one I’m gonna be trying. 

Not the most choosy eaters in my grow out colony but they give high marks to the grub pie creations for sure 

On 9/21/2021 at 4:28 PM, eatyourpeas said:

I admit to looking into Repashy and being overwhelmed by all the different kinds. I am not sure which one would work best for corydoras... I know the Amanos would eat anything that is someone else's food.

I've only tried the soilent green (so far, they have too many good options!) but my panda cories absolutely love it, they swarm it until it's gone.

My neon tetras like to hover above them and snatch up the little pieces as they float off. 

Now I just need to find one that my Otocinclus will go for!

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 7:13 PM, KentFishFanUK said:

I've only tried the soilent green (so far, they have too many good options!) but my panda cories absolutely love it, they swarm it until it's gone.

My neon tetras like to hover above them and snatch up the little pieces as they float off. 

Now I just need to find one that my Otocinclus will go for!

Don’t quote me because I’ve never had oto but somewhere I swear I seen a video that said they will eat super green spread on rocks. 

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Thanks 1

Repashy is a hit with all of my fish, but am I the only one who finds it enormously difficult to figure out how much to feed? I put what feels like the smallest pinch of food into my aquarium and my thicklip ends up hoarding it all. She'll let the corycats eat if they can get to it while she's nomming...

Do I just have to make peace with the fact that my gourami really wants to balloon up?

• Haha 1

Just tried it for the first time. Made 1/4 cup of the Grub Pie, cut it into little cubes and dipped a bamboo skewer in some. I am not sure they knew what it was at first, but definitely figured it out! I also got Community Plus and Igapo Explorer from the Coop, so will be making those soon to offer some variety. I was a bit taken aback by how much food it makes!

And, no, I am not getting another tank... 🤪

Edited by eatyourpeas
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I want to love Repashy soooooo bad because I know its an excellent food...I've tried Super Green, Soilent Green and Bottom Scratcher for my Amanos, emerald corydoras, L129 pleco and mystery snail (soon to be snails, plural. Thanks to @Guppysnail's advice, I talked hubby into adopting another mystery snail today to give Cuzco a buddy. When I told him Mysteries were social and Cuzco would be happier with a friend, he commented that that is "kinda' adorable"), and to not much avail. My Amanos seem to prefer stealing frozen tubifex worms, carnivore pellets, algae wafers and bottom feeder pellets when they aren't munching on natural algae. My corydoras ate the bottom scratcher (that I mixed some Vibra Bites in with) for about a week before becoming disinterested even though I mix up their food every night, never serving the same thing back to back...I've tried dunking rocks and pleco caves and betta logs (that sit on the bottom, not the floating ones) and nada. I've feed big rectangles of it, cut the rectangles into little squares and spread them across the aquariums and nope. Maybe I'll have to try garlic guard...I've added Vitachem too, but my corydoras won't touch anything that's come into contact with Vitachem. Picky picky picky! I don't even mind making it at all. I refer to it as making "fishy fudge." People kind of gawk at me when I explain to them I "cook" my fish their own food, but I personally feel like Super Fishy Mom because I do 🤪

• Like 2

On 9/29/2021 at 11:55 PM, Lowells Fish Lab said:

I like the tray, having a lid would be great to slow down dehydration in the freezer.

Search silicone mini or regular ice cube trays with lids. I have both. The lids don’t fit tight though. After they freeze solid I remove to a freezer baggie to keep sealed. 

On 9/29/2021 at 11:52 PM, Beccs410 said:

I want to love Repashy soooooo bad because I know its an excellent food...I've tried Super Green, Soilent Green and Bottom Scratcher for my Amanos, emerald corydoras, L129 pleco and mystery snail (soon to be snails, plural. Thanks to @Guppysnail's advice, I talked hubby into adopting another mystery snail today to give Cuzco a buddy. When I told him Mysteries were social and Cuzco would be happier with a friend, he commented that that is "kinda' adorable"), and to not much avail. My Amanos seem to prefer stealing frozen tubifex worms, carnivore pellets, algae wafers and bottom feeder pellets when they aren't munching on natural algae. My corydoras ate the bottom scratcher (that I mixed some Vibra Bites in with) for about a week before becoming disinterested even though I mix up their food every night, never serving the same thing back to back...I've tried dunking rocks and pleco caves and betta logs (that sit on the bottom, not the floating ones) and nada. I've feed big rectangles of it, cut the rectangles into little squares and spread them across the aquariums and nope. Maybe I'll have to try garlic guard...I've added Vitachem too, but my corydoras won't touch anything that's come into contact with Vitachem. Picky picky picky! I don't even mind making it at all. I refer to it as making "fishy fudge." People kind of gawk at me when I explain to them I "cook" my fish their own food, but I personally feel like Super Fishy Mom because I do 🤪

I recently started adding vitachem. No one in my fishy family is a fan but I hate to throw it away. If I add the garlic guard they eat it but not with the gusto they usually eat no vitachem repashy.  All my water babies prefer community.  So I use that and add a little of the others for nutrition 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 4:40 AM, Guppysnail said:

Search silicone mini or regular ice cube trays with lids. I have both. The lids don’t fit tight though. After they freeze solid I remove to a freezer baggie to keep sealed. 

I recently started adding vitachem. No one in my fishy family is a fan but I hate to throw it away. If I add the garlic guard they eat it but not with the gusto they usually eat no vitachem repashy.  All my water babies prefer community.  So I use that and add a little of the others for nutrition 

I've actually taken to just adding it to the water column during water changes weekly. It doesn't seem to mess with my water quality and they at least absorb it through their skin. The back of the bottle offers that as an alternative or in conjunction with adding it to food/soaking food. I'll usually do 1 drop per gallon. But, for people with much larger tanks than mine, that can be a lot of drops and going through that bottle can be quick for how much it costs when using that method for sure.

• Like 1