Who loves repashy?

Atitagain

Who loves repashy? Bristlenose, snails, shrimp, platy, and of coarse me! That’s who!

Did a repashy feeding this morning and I have become a huge fan of this food. I made cubes using this tray 915D858A-8393-4FF1-BC00-745D76F7703F.jpeg.b771bc6df8e6305451d47b95c06a340f.jpeg01A7A7C0-AD39-4A7C-B605-FFC170326AE7.jpeg.1c6224fc0358cb8e802a2559d82de7ac.jpeg

I slice all of them down the center but not all the way through so I can feed big chunks to adults, half portions to juvenile, and easier to shreds after thawing for fry.786F616A-9F30-4FE4-8FF3-209F26FB143C.jpeg.087d877dc1657d4e537e44df2df5d407.jpegAlso made rods @Guppysnail showed me this.068D411D-FEB3-4C18-ABC9-1A1AF98A6B34.jpeg.bf71cd66367812395bdf7a2250e94555.jpegPlaced all in the tanks

what an amazing food. Will be ordering different verities next food order at ACO.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

On 9/21/2021 at 8:15 AM, Guppysnail said:

We love repashy 

365EEE86-23DF-4CFB-BA22-0CB19D115ACE.jpeg

I need to get those sticks or at least flat ones like that I could only find kabob sticks they work obviously but those have to be so much better. 

On 9/21/2021 at 8:23 AM, ARMYVET said:

I’ve tried a bit of it…6435696C-2C4D-43E5-A2E0-4BEB831F7DB9.jpeg.d73d0bd855d134662c16e681f32386c4.jpeg

Yea I seen your set up in a different post 😂 👍

On 9/21/2021 at 8:24 AM, Atitagain said:

I need to get those sticks or at least flat ones like that I could only find kabob sticks they work obviously but those have to be so much better. 

Yea I seen your set up in a different post 😂 👍

Yeah....Im a food addict.  I like to try things people suggst.  There is one food that I will give away at the first opportunity...nobody eats it and it makes a ton of mess.....No Thank you!

On 9/21/2021 at 8:24 AM, Atitagain said:

need to get those sticks or at least flat ones like that I could only find kabob sticks they work obviously but those have to be so much better. 

I use these broke in half. Next batch I’m getting the 32 long so I don’t have to break. Was trying to cheap out but they splinter when you break them. 

7C89DC72-40E1-4739-978F-E4500C7799AF.png

On 9/21/2021 at 8:52 AM, Atitagain said:

??? Which one?

I plead the fifth for I choose not to answer publicly for fear that my answer may serve to cause undue rest to person/persons/organizations/corporations/entities/alien visitors....or whomever may wish to become Butt Hurt by my answer.

• Haha 2

On 9/21/2021 at 11:00 AM, Guppysnail said:

I thought about that but was not sure what wood they were made of. 

Well according to the decsription they are food grade s nothing in them that can harm us.  Says 100 all natural wood.  Which I have claimed for years but that besides the point🤣

https://www.amazon.com/Sticks-Natural-Popsicle-Length-Crafts/dp/B07F367TCK/ref=asc_df_B07F367TCK/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241905001081&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15001021617498591706&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9051808&hvtargid=pla-554206663834&psc=1 

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2021 at 11:05 AM, Guppysnail said:

OMGoodness you …… natural wood includes things like pine which are not ok as far as I know that’s why I went with bamboo.

Ty you sent me that link before I was just out and tried finding bamboo but could only find the kabobs. What is wrong with pine? To much sap?

On 9/21/2021 at 11:09 AM, Atitagain said:

Ty you sent me that link before I was just out and tried finding bamboo but could only find the kabobs. What is wrong with pine? To much sap?

I know it the sap burns reptiles and amphibians from frog and bearded dragon experience.  I’ve heard it’s bad in tanks as well but unsure why so i play it safe

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 11:14 AM, Manny said:

I’ve always loved repashy, I just hate making it. It’s very simple and straightforward, I just don’t prefer making the stuff. I can never get it exactly how I want and it’s quite expensive to experiment with. I am aware that it’s probably one of the best fish foods out there. 

I’m just getting started with it, so I’m sure I’ll get tired of making it in another batch or two🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 11:14 AM, Guppysnail said:

I know it the sap burns reptiles and amphibians from frog and bearded dragon experience.  I’ve heard it’s bad in tanks as well but unsure why so i play it safe

I tried looking it up and found that they are made from Baltic Birch which when I searched its use in an aquarium found that it is on the list of safe woods you can use in an aquarium.  

This is what I found...

Safe woods for use in an aquarium:
Alder, Apple, Beech, Birch, Cherry, Hawthorn, Heather, Oak, Pear, Sycamore.

Unsafe woods for use in an aquarium:
Cedar (avoid anything evergreen/coniferous) Cypress, Grapevine – this rots very quickly, Horse chestnut, Lilac – this is poisonous, Ivy – this is poisonous, Pine, Spruce, Walnut, Yew – this is toxic.

http://injaf.org/articles-guides/guide-to-aquarium-wood/

USE THIS INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK !!  I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY IF BY USING THIS INFORMATION THE EARTH SPINS OUT OF ORBIT AND BURNS UP IN THE SUN!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/21/2021 at 11:21 AM, ARMYVET said:

I tried looking it up and found that they are made from Baltic Birch which when I searched its use in an aquarium found that it is on the list of safe woods you can use in an aquarium.  

This is what I found...

Safe woods for use in an aquarium:
Alder, Apple, Beech, Birch, Cherry, Hawthorn, Heather, Oak, Pear, Sycamore.

Cedar (avoid anything evergreen/coniferous) Cypress, Grapevine – this rots very quickly, Horse chestnut, Lilac – this is poisonous, Ivy – this is poisonous, Pine, Spruce, Walnut, Yew – this is toxic.

http://injaf.org/articles-guides/guide-to-aquarium-wood/

USE THIS INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK !!  I ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY IF BY USING THIS INFORMATION THE EARTH SPINS OUT OF ORBIT AND BURNS UP IN THE SUN!

Thanks interesting info, I will quote you and give you full credit for this information in my next talk at aquashella Dallas.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 11:28 AM, eatyourpeas said:

I admit to looking into Repashy and being overwhelmed by all the different kinds. I am not sure which one would work best for corydoras... I know the Amanos would eat anything that is someone else's food.

I agree there are a lot of choices but I was looking specifically for bristlenose and morning wood seemed like a good option. Quick search maybe try this

https://www.aquariumcoop.com/products/repashy-grub-pie?_pos=2&_psq=repashy gr&_ss=e&_v=1.0

On 9/21/2021 at 11:28 AM, eatyourpeas said:

I admit to looking into Repashy and being overwhelmed by all the different kinds. I am not sure which one would work best for corydoras... I know the Amanos would eat anything that is someone else's food.

I couldn’t decide either so I buy all the ones I think they will like and mix together 🤣 my Pygmy and panda Cory love it. 

On 9/21/2021 at 11:21 AM, ARMYVET said:

Grapevine

I have a 2 foot 3-4 inch thick log in my pleco shrimp snail tank just so it does rot quick for yummies 😁

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 11:28 AM, Atitagain said:

I will quote you and give you full credit for this information in my next talk at aquashella Dallas.

Orrrrrrr....you could fly me out to Dallas with you and you can credit me directly😁

On 9/21/2021 at 11:50 AM, Guppysnail said:

I buy all the ones I think they will like and mix together

I do the exact same thing except I add in some powdered duckweed, powdered spiriulina and vita chem to the mix as well.

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2021 at 8:21 AM, ARMYVET said:

I was surprised to hear that Tom Barr uses Western Red Cedar and Cyprus in his scapes. I did notice that the piece of cedar he showed was highly weathered and sun bleached. I also realized that the two 3’ long pieces of Puget Sound driftwood in my tank are probably some type of softwood, maybe Cedar.