What music are you listening to these days?

OnlyGenusCaps

On 8/12/2021 at 5:42 PM, Patrick_G said:

@GameCzar When I was in high school in the late 80s progressive was music on the college stations or mtv 120 minutes. I was always confused when folks called bands like Jethro Tull or Styx progressive. 🤔

Jethro Tull, Thick as a Brick is a prog masterpiece.    Styx, not so much lol, definitely some prog elements with the heavy keyboards, but more just a rock band.    Jethro Tull is closer to prog than heavy metal (which they won a grammy for). 

• Like 1

I’m really into rock and punk, although I have great appreciation for good jazz and funk, and some Aussie hip-hop too. I tend to mostly enjoy genres that are enjoyable to drum along to, and really, I don’t think it gets better than punk and rock. Gotta be upbeat though. Really enjoyed that Bowling for Soup song at the start of the thread.

Currently enjoying the new songs coming out from Aussie band ‘Gang of Youths’,  especially this one.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 6:54 PM, Crabby said:

Currently enjoying the new songs coming out from Aussie band ‘Gang of Youths’,  especially this one.

Okay that teaser was enough to make me check out their other stuff!  I've never heard of them, but now I'm intrigued.  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 6:39 PM, Jungle Fan said:

Sometimes this for a break from Rock.

I thought I'd parallel your post with a Nordic Helene and a Scot.  😀

Here is my favorite Nordic "Helene" singer; doesn't hurt she is married to one of the best Nordic fiddle players of all time, and they are in the same band now.  Her Jul (Yule) album for years back is a staple around our house at that time of year. 

Helene Blum & Harald Haugaard:

I was fortunate enough to see Jenna play live in Stornaway in the Outer Hebrides.  It was a lovely small venue, her music was incredible, and she was absolutely friendly and charming after the performance.  This is from the album I bought from her there.

• Like 2